Trunk Hatch Fits Tight

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got my BL back in January, and noticed that my rear hatch rubs on the bumper, and has caused the paint to chip. Anyone else noticing this?

Currently waiting for Ford's body shop to get back to me about aligning the bumper/pending Ford warranty approval. They offered to fix the paint on the hatch, but I opted to fix myself with a paint pen, as was uncomfortable with them removing the hatch, potentially screwing up the rear camera, having to remove the glass, re-paint whole hatch, and place new logos on the hatch...

Long story short - check your hatch fit incase your bumper also rides high and is damaging the pain along the hatch closure!!

Ford Bronco Sport Trunk Hatch Fits Tight Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 2.38.44 PM

Ford Bronco Sport Trunk Hatch Fits Tight Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 2.36.56 PM
Sponsored

Ricklish

Badlands
First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My Badlands is doing the same thing. I have a new bumper on order and will be getting the rear door fixed and repainted. I'm hoping the new rear bumper has more clearance so this does not happen again.

OP
OP
eastcoastbroncosport

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My Badlands is doing the same thing. I have a new bumper on order and will be getting the rear door fixed and repainted. I'm hoping the new rear bumper has more clearance so this does not happen again.
They were able to just adjust my hatch slightly and it has fine clearance now! I'll live with the slight scuff on my bumper, and just used a paint pen on the edge of the hatch and its not noticeable.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
There’s pop clips where the arrow is. Try pushing the bumper in and see if it pops in. Had new bumper put on and noticed center higher causing rub and that’s how I fixed it.
Sponsored