Transporting lumber

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Hi all,

First post here. Don't have a BS yet, plan on getting one in April/May timeframe. Haven't decided whether I'm gonna chance it and look for one on the lot or order one through the dealer.

I'm coming from a previous generation RAV4. I've always stayed with Toyotas and the plan was to get another Toyota - new RAV4. Unfortunately some of the quality issues on the new generation made me reconsider. I was also considering Subaru Outback XT but it's just too long of a car for me.

Back to the question. I sometimes, may be once a year, transport a few 8' long 2"x4"s and 2"x12"s for my garden. I was able to fit them in RAV4 by dropping the back seats and having lumber sit on the arm rest. RAV4 being 180" long lets it all clear the dashboard. Is there any way I'd be able to move 8' long lumber in BS? I'd appreciate your feedback if you had done that or attempted something like that.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the link. Yeah, it just might if I slide 12x2 it at an angle. Probably won't be able to transport more than 1 piece at a time but that's fine with me. I'm thinking 2x4s should be light enough to have them rest on open back window sill (not on the center plastic latch piece though). I'll need to measure when I go for the test drive.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Transporting lumber BCEAB0D3-C564-4CD2-9F1A-D26D6D727AD1

looks like 8ft will fit laying down, pushed all they way in. Any longer will have to hang out the window.
Nothing beats the picture. :like: Nice. It's right on 8' mark. I'm thinking if I move one end to the left corner of the cargo area it'll clear it just fine. Thanks again.

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
What about securing them on top? I’m sure you can set it up somehow like that. At least it’ll save your interior a bit longer.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can also just open the lift gate glass.
Yeah, that'll work for 2x4s but not for heavy 2x12s I mentioned. That plastic bulge in the middle seems pretty flimsy.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bronco Sport General Topics 12
Bronco Sport General Topics 6