Transferring Garmin POI's to Sync3?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I've been using Garmin Nuvi GPS's for years, and the POI's can be exported from one Nuvi and imported into another Nuvi.
I now have about 100 POI's that I would like to transfer from Nuvi to Sync3 nav.
Anyone know if that's possible or do I need to start over with new POI's in the Sync3?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm not aware of any function or capability that allows bulk uploading of POIs to Sync's navigation data. You can add them one at a time to your "favorites" list, but that would be massive pain to sit and add one after another. What I would do is add them as I use them; eventually you'll get them all uploaded.

Sadly, however, I believe if you ever do a master reset of the Sync system you lose all your saved favorites.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Doesn't Garmin have an app or something? Why not use it if you are use to it.
In my last 2 Ford vehicles somehow I did not get nav...o well

OP
OP
Econoline

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Doesn't Garmin have an app or something? Why not use it if you are use to it.
In my last 2 Ford vehicles somehow I did not get nav...o well
I can export the POI's from the Nuvi, but can't find a way to bulk import them into Sync3.
I like the Nuvi, but now that I have built-in Nav with the Sync3 I prefer to use that.

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking the problem is the OS is different in both systems. Yes you can export the POI's from the Garmin, but will anything else but a Garmin read them?

I don't think there is a standard, which causes problems like this. The Sync is QNX if I am not mistaken and I am not sure what the Garmin OS is, but I can read it on a MS Windows or a Mac.

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
I am thinking the problem is the OS is different in both systems. Yes you can export the POI's from the Garmin, but will anything else but a Garmin read them?

I don't think there is a standard, which causes problems like this. The Sync is QNX if I am not mistaken and I am not sure what the Garmin OS is, but I can read it on a MS Windows or a Mac.
The OS has no bearing on it, it's the Sync vs. Garmin software that matters. That's like saying you can't use files from a PC on a Mac - not true. Garmin would need to release software to export POIs (if they don't already) in a standard file format. Ford would then need to release software to import those into Sync 3. But what's the incentive to do that, how many users would even want that to justify the development cost?

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OS has no bearing on it, it's the Sync vs. Garmin software that matters. That's like saying you can't use files from a PC on a Mac - not true. Garmin would need to release software to export POIs (if they don't already) in a standard file format. Ford would then need to release software to import those into Sync 3. But what's the incentive to do that, how many users would even want that to justify the development cost?
true enough not really an OS issue but an App issue.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Okay, just planning on using android auto google maps, waze etc....so for those of us uneducated in this...POI? Sorry, probably a dumb question...but you know, I'm all for new rabbit holes to fall down

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Sounds like a Garmin thread question. Nothing to do with Sync. If Garmin wants to make their software compatible then its up to them.
Sponsored