Towing Watercraft?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Still waiting for my BS but was just curious if anyone has any pics of them BS towing their Watercraft/Jetski or maby even a small boat?

I know 2000 lbs isn't alot of weight to play around with, but curious what your thoughts are on the performance while towing in the BS. Been thinking of getting a small Jetski and trailer to haul with me to the lake every so often during the summer, and was just looking to see if anyone has had any experiences they would like to share in that area.
Sponsored

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
I figure 500 lbs would be a WELL built 2 place trailer. Skis at 800 each empty(no gas) so you are at 2100. They have like 8-12 Gallon tanks so unlikely you would be “safe” towing with full gas. Just put jugs inside rig. I’m curious at to boat ramp on way out though…

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I figure 500 lbs would be a WELL built 2 place trailer. Skis at 800 each empty(no gas) so you are at 2100. They have like 8-12 Gallon tanks so unlikely you would be “safe” towing with full gas. Just put jugs inside rig. I’m curious at to boat ramp on way out though…
Ya I was only looking to tow 1 ski and trailer. I figured the double ski and double trailer setup would be a bit much. 😅

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Still waiting for my BS but was just curious if anyone has any pics of them BS towing their Watercraft/Jetski or maby even a small boat?

I know 2000 lbs isn't alot of weight to play around with, but curious what your thoughts are on the performance while towing in the BS. Been thinking of getting a small Jetski and trailer to haul with me to the lake every so often during the summer, and was just looking to see if anyone has had any experiences they would like to share in that area.
I've used mine for towing on several occasions. No difficulties noted.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/getting-the-utility-out-of-my-sport-utility-vehicle-with-lightweight-8x8-aluma-trailer.6650/#post-116216

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/show-us-the-trailers-hitched-up-to-your-bronco-sport.2881/page-4#post-82197

The trailer I use weighs around 400 lbs, and with all the decking materials (first link above) was probably close to 1500 lbs. The 2.0L engine doesn't even strain with it, but you definitely notice the weight when braking. Unless towing a trailer with its own brakes, I would mind the recommended weight limits.
Sponsored