Tow hooks for Big Bend trim level. Aftermarket or factory ones ?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Here's possibly a solution.

A nudge bar install can be a tow point since it's bolted to the frame 🤷.

Ford Bronco Sport Tow hooks for Big Bend trim level. Aftermarket or factory ones ? Screenshot_20230608-081510_Drive

Just a thought🤔
Just remember that the BS is a unibody. Even if it wasn't, not all parts of any type of frame are created equal. So, you would have to look very closely at what part of the "frame" it is bolted to.

Also, you have to be careful about where on the bar you do attach the tow/recovery rope/chain/cable. If the light bar is attached at the bottom and the tow is pulling on the top, that will most likely result in bending parts.

Overall it's just not as easy as saying that something is attached to the frame, so it can be used as a tow/recovery point.
Sponsored

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just remember that the BS is a unibody. Even if it wasn't, not all parts of any type of frame are created equal. So, you would have to look very closely at what part of the "frame" it is bolted to.

Also, you have to be careful about where on the bar you do attach the tow/recovery rope/chain/cable. If the light bar is attached at the bottom and the tow is pulling on the top, that will most likely result in bending parts.

Overall it's just not as easy as saying that something is attached to the frame, so it can be used as a tow/recovery point.
Great point🙂👍.

The tow point would need to be in a place of less leverage and 100% isolated. If attached to the top of the nudge bar that angle slope would certainly bend the bar.

It's my impression that the nudge bar is attached to the same spot as the Badlands tow hooks, correct? If so I'm much more confident with this solution as long if the tow point is correct.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It's my impression that the nudge bar is attached to the same spot as the Badlands tow hooks, correct? If so I'm much more confident with this solution as long if the tow point is correct.
The brackets securing the tow hooks on the unibody for the Badlands are welded in place. I don't believe those brackets exist on other trims.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Welding > Bolt Brackets

Gotcha🙂🤙
I did take some pictures of the attachment points on the Badlands for the tow hooks. Probably not the best reference, but it at least shows the attachment points are part of the unibody and are spread out to help absorb any forces that are “off center”. Take a look here.
Sponsored