Touch Screen black outs

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
This happened to me once and I just turned my car off, opened the door, closed it and started it again and it went back to normal. Will keep this in mind too.

Also, @SnowReaper , I have to check for updates on my BS too… I don’t have the best wifi signal in my driveway so I never did one. Hopefully this helps too.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If your screen is black, press and hold the power button on the volume knob and the Right-Seek (forward skip button)button together until your display indicates it is resetting or has turned on. You may then release the buttons.
Does just this effect a "reboot", or a "wipe + reset"? (I'd rather not experiment with blowing away settings)

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If your screen is black, press and hold the power button on the volume knob and the Right-Seek (forward skip button)button together until your display indicates it is resetting or has turned on. You may then release the buttons.
Does just this effect a "reboot", or a "wipe + reset"? (I'd rather not experiment with blowing away settings)
I took a gamble and tried it. This triggers a soft-reset , i.e. a reboot only. All settings appear to be preserved.

Advertisement

Advertisement