Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
These little flier die-ers have uncanny accuracy when aiming for my Bronco. Top 5 most popular spots are:

1. On/in the grille's top 3 rows of faux vents. (Badlands style)
  2. The headlight gap between the lens and the body by the Easter Egg bronco.
  3. The BRONCO letters especially the interior of the B and R.
  4. The foglights/driving lights.
  5. Seam of the folding mirror joint.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It's like they have radar or something. The best way to get them off is cold water at the end of your drive. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe 'em off with a damp terrycloth towel. If you let them sit for more than a day you'll be scrubbing.

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's like they have radar or something. The best way to get them off is cold water at the end of your drive. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe 'em off with a damp terrycloth towel. If you let them sit for more than a day you'll be scrubbing.
Yeah, I just did a pre-rinse today. I thought I was going to have to bust out the pressure washer at one point. My last drive was back and forth right by the freshly sileaged hay fields of Oregon so it was a total massacre of the housing-displaced swarms. The random splats are hard enough but getting a whole corpse out of those panel gaps is a real chore. I almost want to shove some plumber's putty around the headlights!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The crevices around the headlights and foglights are bug magnets. I also get a ton of guts on the thin piece of roof just above the windshield before it curves. Driving a box definitely has its downsides (so many bugs and a higher potential for rock and road debris strikes). Bought some Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover and it seems to loosen things up a little before I blast the little buggers with my power washer.
Sponsored