To Order the Hitch or Not

jimw

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lifted Escalade 2017 STI 2018 Lifted Impreza(wife's)
I'm not a fan of the Class II hitch 1 1/4". I just realized they are not offered the 2". I want to use my cargo rack and Yakima bike rack that require the 2" receiver. I even have a Class III hitch on my Subaru Impreza for this purpose.

Just wondering if anyone else is not going to order the Class II hitch and wait for an aftermarket option for the Class III hitch.
Sponsored

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I'm in the same boat. I'm also waiting for confirmation if its a 2" hitch or not.

OP
OP

jimw

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you can get the adapter but for $400 option I want the real deal.

I paid a little over $100 for my hitch for the Subaru. What exactly is trailer sway control?
And if you don't get the Hitch option what spare tire do you get? (not a full size)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I believe they will be the 2" like on the Escape with class 2 and my wife's Edge with a class 2 both are 2"

Class 2 is not always a sub 2" receiver

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Just wondering if anyone else is not going to order the Class II hitch and wait for an aftermarket option for the Class III hitch.
Yes, I would wait for an aftermarket Class III 2", although we are giving up the factory installed wiring harness.

Because of where the license plate is located low on the bumper it will be obscured by anything mounted to the hitch. On my '07 Escape the license plate is much higher up on the rear hatch and remains visible even with a hitch mounted bike rack.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I'm not a fan of the Class II hitch 1 1/4". I just realized they are not offered the 2". I want to use my cargo rack and Yakima bike rack that require the 2" receiver. I even have a Class III hitch on my Subaru Impreza for this purpose.

It's a 2" receiver. Confirmed at the 1:50 mark in the video in the OP of this thread.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'll just throw out a number....95% it's a 2" receiver. Having said that, why isn't Admin noting all the questions and concerns? WTF, get with it admin, talk with Ford and 100% confirm this, FE options, and other repeated questions that just spiral into new threads. Make uncertainty disappear :) .... we're waiting! :)

*Thanks RonSwanson, I knew there was a video showing the 2" receiver.

OP
OP

jimw

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, confirmed! Thanks for that information. I now will order the hitch option. Sorry I posted misinformation about assuming it was a 1 1/4" hitch. I was under the assumption all Class II hitches were the smaller 1 1/4". Feel free to remove post if needed.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
OK, confirmed! Thanks for that information. I now will order the hitch option. Sorry I posted misinformation about assuming it was a 1 1/4" hitch. I was under the assumption all Class II hitches were the smaller 1 1/4". Feel free to remove post if needed.
No worries. I had the same question previously, so happy to share what I found.

I have a 2" receiver on my Edge Sport and from eyeballing way too many photos and videos of the new Bronco Sport, they look like they're the same size to me.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I just spoke to someone who saw the Bronco Sport yesterday. He confirmed a 2" receiver.

Also said that he got to sit in it and that while it is 6 inches shorter than the Edge, it feels a lot roomier, sits taller. Really impressed with it.

And it is still going to be a while.

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
You have got to be kidding me -- I assumed it was an 1.25" opening so I didn't order it...Juuuuuuust Great

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
You have got to be kidding me -- I assumed it was an 1.25" opening so I didn't order it...Juuuuuuust Great
You should be able to change your order. If I understand correctly, they haven’t picked up orders yet

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Should be able to change order until a VIN is assigned...

We have none of the Retail orders picked up yet and only the Mannequins have VIN's...

Granger, would I be able to change order from FE to BL as well? My dealer hasn't been responsive.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Granger, would I be able to change order from FE to BL as well? My dealer hasn't been responsive.
May not be able to change the series...

However you can have them cancel the FE and reorder the BL...
Sponsored