Badtothebone2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So I’m looking to upgrade my BB with larger tires. The two tire dealers(Goodyear & Firestone) I went to refuse to mount 245/65/17s saying they are not the right tire size for my vehicle. Has anyone else run into this?
Does anyone have recommendations for where I should go? I live in Maryland.
Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Badtothebone2 unfortunately the closest Discount Tire is 70ish miles away but might be worth the trip. We are growing responsibly and should have more stores coming closer to you.:like:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You have a Big Bend. Do you by any chance have 18", which is an option for that trim?

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
So I’m looking to upgrade my BB with larger tires. The two tire dealers(Goodyear & Firestone) I went to refuse to mount 245/65/17s saying they are not the right tire size for my vehicle. Has anyone else run into this?
Thank you in advance.
I think Costco is the same. They refused a tire size change on my land rover once. I just went to discount tire. problem solved.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is pretty common, especially with tire shops affiliated with a specific manufacturer, and especially in States where liability regulation favors consumers. Tire dealers fear a lawsuit should you have an accident following installation of a tire that's not recommended by the manufacturer. I know it seems ridiculous, but people get sued for all kinds of idiotic things.

Your best bet is to spend some time on the phone. I would check with local, independent repair and performance shops. Most independent repair shops will install pretty much anything within reason, and performance shops specialize in modifications.

OP
OP

Badtothebone2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
@Badtothebone2 unfortunately the closest Discount Tire is 70ish miles away but might be worth the trip. We are growing responsibly and should have more stores coming closer to you.:like:
I just mapped out the directions. Sadly your WV location is over an hour from me :(

The YETI

Base
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 SCREW/2021 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Thank you in advance.
I had Toyo AT3 in that size installed 5 months ago, they fit perfect! An excellent tire off road and in snow. Find a small town tire shop they will install them.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you in advance.
Will your local Ford dealership mount that size? If so, I have found them to be reasonably priced.
And if you don’t want that drive to Discount Tire, although I would do it if only an hour, then ask people about any reputable local tire shop.
edit: we have a Firestone next to our work. I had a few minutes at the end of lunch so I walked over and asked what tire size they recommend. They said 245/65/17 as one of the three they’d choose.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Badtothebone2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I had Toyo AT3 in that size installed 5 months ago, they fit perfect! An excellent tire off road and in snow. Find a small town tire shop they will install them.
Will your local Ford dealership mount that size? If so, I have found them to be reasonably priced.
And if you don’t want that drive to Discount Tire, although I would do it if only an hour, then ask people about any reputable local tire shop.
edit: we have a Firestone next to our work. I had a few minutes at the end of lunch so I walked over and asked what tire size they recommend. They said 245/65/17 as one of the three they’d choose.
I have another Firestone near me. I’ll check with them to see if they will do it. Thanks

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Find an alloy wheel repair shop near you. You can buy the tires online cheaper and just about every wheel repair shop will mount tires.

hockeywookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have had tires that were not the same size as stock installed at firestone before, they just asked me to confirm that i realized they weren't the same size as stock and they went ahead and installed them. Likely a local management thing. Just call another tire store and tell them what you want to do and I'm sure you will find one that will do it. Tire rack even has a mobile installer that would do it as far as i know.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Thank you in advance.
I took mine to my quick lane at the Ford dealership where I bought it the week before....they mounted them no questions asked and charged me 75 bucks....Firestone and goodyear quoted me 150!!!!!
Sponsored