GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Tire Pressure Monitor System warning BDE917B4-CB14-4EA0-B65C-50F2796872C5

I’ve had this warning go off on me twice in the last week or so. Both times right, first rear then front. No flats no visible issues. Warning in dash then Ford pass. Psi screen showed blank on the tire as opposed to the level. After pulling over and inspecting warning disappeared after restarting. About to go visit my folks 200 miles away and wondering if I need to go to the dealership first. Anyone else experience this or have thoughts?
Sponsored

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Had to delete first post
Brain quit working

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Pressure Monitor System warning 1646790546787

I'd say probably a communication breakdown
But my first move would be to take pressure reads on the tires involved
Cold tires versus warm tires after driven will have different pressure values
If their temps are right at the threshold of a pass/fail a few miles of driving on a cold tire might warm it just enough to cancel the fail read
Make sense?

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had to delete first post
Brain quit working

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Pressure Monitor System warning 1646790546787

I'd say probably a communication breakdown
But my first move would be to take pressure reads on the tires involved
Cold tires versus warm tires after driven will have different pressure values
If their temps are right at the threshold of a pass/fail a few miles of driving on a cold tire might warm it just enough to cancel the fail read
Make sense?
Yes makes sense. I’ve also noticed when it happens the reads are kinda high. Weather has been all over lately and have seen them read as high as 45. When it triggers I see most over 43. Is it strange to think because the computer wants me at 33 I could be exceeding what it considers a max?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I add air when cold weather comes and let it out when warm weather comes.
A ten degree drop in air temp nets a one psi drop. We go up and down sometimes 50 degrees F. I think it comes on when it see’s 28 psi. But then the off road guys go lower when they go out.
Sound off dirt riders !

Reactions: Jrl

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Tire Pressure Monitor System warning 3E5D9C0E-83EC-45E9-BCEE-9EAAD1B1D3FB

Still having TPMS sensor issues. Yesterday had the guys @Discount Tire deflate my psi to 40. Today they got up to 43 and one of them faulted out. No flat no visible issues. Ford Pass tells me 33psi but the AT3 have a 50 psi max and have been set to 40. Not sure why this keeps triggering. But going to call my dealer when I get back in town.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I'd still set them closer to 33 personally, mine are are 35 right now and that's close enough for me to not fidget with it but 40+ seems up there. I agree it shouldn't kill the TPMS though, but it doesn't know what the tire Max is so it's possible it's not designed for 40+

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'd still set them closer to 33 personally, mine are are 35 right now and that's close enough for me to not fidget with it but 40+ seems up there. I agree it shouldn't kill the TPMS though, but it doesn't know what the tire Max is so it's possible it's not designed for 40+
Thanks, what tires are you running?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Still having TPMS sensor issues. Yesterday had the guys @Discount Tire deflate my psi to 40. Today they got up to 43 and one of them faulted out.
Sounds like a bad sensor. Have you tried swapping tire positions to see if the bad indication moves with the tire?

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"Ford Pass tells me 33psi but the AT3 have a 50 psi max"
Your tires are dangerously overinflated. The "MAX" number is just that - and only used in transportation/bead seating.
FWIW, 10 degrees F is approx 1 PSI, so at the mid 40s with ambient temps in the 40s, you'll be well over the max (meaning if tire blows up, it's your fault) at the 80 forcasted for next weekend (not now. It's chilly out there...)

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
"Ford Pass tells me 33psi but the AT3 have a 50 psi max"
Your tires are dangerously overinflated. The "MAX" number is just that - and only used in transportation/bead seating.
FWIW, 10 degrees F is approx 1 PSI, so at the mid 40s with ambient temps in the 40s, you'll be well over the max (meaning if tire blows up, it's your fault) at the 80 forcasted for next weekend (not now. It's chilly out there...)
OP genuinely doesn't care or is trolling, can't even be bothered to put the phone down while driving, and wants to blow those tires. ?‍♂

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
OP genuinely doesn't care or is trolling, can't even be bothered to put the phone down while driving, and wants to blow those tires. ?‍♂
33 psi definitely maybe 35

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Pressure Monitor System warning 147250BF-D1BD-48B0-9B4C-ADF501F1E5D1

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Took the picture to get more feedback. As it’s happened multiple times and no flats. Also have gone to Discount Tire and they have deflated tires and told me they are within the recommended use. Please give me further expertise as a tire professional.
Sponsored