Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got my new BB couple of days ago and one of the first things I've noticed is the tires were overinflated (42 when the recommended is 33). So I took some air out with my manual inflator until dial reads 33-34. Check again the car and it says 37... Should I rely more on the dial than the computer? Can this get fixed for free with the warranty?

Thank you and happy new year's!
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I believe most of us had our Sports delivered with high tire pressure. I know it says somewhere not to rely on the computer to check your tire pressure. Not sure if it's in the manual or if it tells you on the display.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I believe most of us had our Sports delivered with high tire pressure. I know it says somewhere not to rely on the computer to check your tire pressure. Not sure if it's in the manual or if it tells you on the display.
Yes I think you're right. Do you know if this can be adjusted by Ford dealerships?

It used to happen with the Mustang too, every time I replaced tires they put way more pressure than recommended, feels like the want you to worn out those tires fast.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Yes I think you're right. Do you know if this can be adjusted by Ford dealerships?

It used to happen with the Mustang too, every time I replaced tires they put way more pressure than recommended, feels like the want you to worn out those tires fast.
Sorry, I don't know if the dealership can adjust the computer. Yours does seem to read a bit higher than I would expect. Last time I checked, my tire pressure reading from the Sport was pretty close to what our hand gauge read.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
A lot has to do with temperature outside & when the readings were taken or if the BS was just driven. You can take out air when the Tires are cool ( proper condition when taking readings ) , if the Sun came out after the first reading , reading can change . I get different readings with the Sunny side , compared to the shady side of three Pounds , depending on out side air temp., its why I take readings before the Sun comes up from behind the Trees .

My readings from my digital air pressure gage is a little different then what the Dash board display reads , but by only a pound .

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have a 3lbs difference b/w dash monitor and gauge (digital) from gas station... Then again, gas station gauge could be out of calibration. Manual did say do not go by dash.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
My hand gage shows about 2 lbs less than the dash does and as mentioned the manual says do not go by dash. 40+ is for sure way too high but I wouldn't be super alarmed by being off by a pound or two.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
You need to drive around a little after adding/removing air before to allow the sensors to pick up the change.

I have a pump with a digital readout and an analog air pressure gauge, I find that the TPMS is pretty much spot on with both.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You need to drive around a little after adding/removing air before to allow the sensors to pick up the change.
Also, don't forget the pressure changes with temperature. You should be checking the pressure with the tires cold. If you check the dash indication just after your first start in the morning it will be lower than if you check it after driving for a bit, say after you get to the station to use the tire inflator there.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve seen pretty consistent higher inflation on the forum. Some even saying dealer inflating from 33 to 40 after oil change. I’ve had some TPMS error codes. I came across a video on here yesterday on how to recalibrate, did it last night and waiting to see if I have anymore issues.
Sponsored