Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Where me and Penny spent our morning :)
Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain IMG_2871[1].JPG

I used my 42,000 Ford Reward points and spent $98 to get the three items listed above.

Install was pretty straight forward. I did the hood before the windows, and I think that doing it the other way would be better. I would suggest you get some "practice" with the procedure on the rear passenger window to start. It really is just a matter of lining up the edges, trusting your eyes and committing. It also helps a ton to bend a corner into the tape. I did not do that on the hood, quickly learned my lesson and did it for the windows. Day and night difference.
There are two pads, an alcohol pad, and then an adhesive pad that it recommends using gloves for.
The adhesive pads were a disaster for me. lol I had three pads and a total self fail on the first two attempts, but my third and final go was good. So now I will monitor how well the pieces hold and see how much of a diff that adhesive pad really makes lol.
The gloves I had on made it so hard to grab onto the cloth that by the time I finally grabbed it and opened it, most of the adhesive, which is primarily in a liquid state, had evaporated. Then on the hood I decided to lay out the cloth and wipe. Terrible idea. I slapped that bad boy on there and the adhesive glue kinda splatted in that one spot and then when I went to rub along the edge line of the front of my hood... the cloth was dry by the quarter pole. Smooooth John
Hood install wasn't too bad, just a matter or laying it on there then lining it up. Please bend the tape like I did on the windows so you don't end up picking out the tape like I had to do. Once you have a grip on the tape its just a matter of pulling it off, while pushing down on the piece to adhere it.
Attempt number two at the adhesive pad? I'm gonna go with more embarrassing... I have moved on to the air deflectors and because I learned my lesson I make sure my gloves are snug to my fingers so I will get good grip, I cut open the pack, grab the cloth out quickly, I fumble a bit with getting it unfolded cause my gloves are too damn big but get it unfolded relatively wet. I begin to wipe the adhesive on the frame outlining the top of both my front and back driver door. I get all the way to the end and the cloth is still wet and so I have enough for a pass back and I feel pretty good, so I go to grab my pieces and I line the first one up over the frame above the driver side door and I'm about to pull off the red tape and adhere it to the frame above my driver door when all of a sudden Penny(that's my dog), she says to me "Hey if you attach that right there, how ya gonna open the door?"
I stop. I stare... (do you know what I did wrong??)
You attach the deflectors to THE DOOR! Not the frame above it! I was about to have a real bad time ha ha ha. But my lucky Penny saved the day and was thusly rewarded with all the belly rubs and treats.
So once I figure out that I should be attaching to the door I simply open the door and use my eyeballs to line it right on up. Passenger side install went great. People with OCD/perfectionists may notice my hood didn't line up perfectly. I just consider that character.
Privacy screen was super simple to set up. Just open tailgate to what ever height you can drape it around it, attach to roof rails, stake to ground and you are good. I'd say you got 85-95% privacy. If you are neurotic and really squeeze out every angle... maybe could get it to 98% the problem lies with the clip to the wheel well.

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain IMG_2871[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain IMG_2923[1].JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Appreciate your tips, especially the fumbles, so I know what to do and what to avoid when my hood deflector comes next week. It just shipped today from Levittown Ford!
Glad I could help :) Let my fails be the wind to your sails!
I'm just soooo glad that I didn't adhere that air deflector to my frame... I very easily see a scenario where I would have done it to both sides before I even tried to open the doors.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I used my 42,000 Ford Reward points and spent $98 to get the three items listed above.

Install was pretty straight forward. I did the hood before the windows, and I think that doing it the other way would be better. I would suggest you get some "practice" with the procedure on the rear passenger window to start. It really is just a matter of lining up the edges, trusting your eyes and committing. It also helps a ton to bend a corner into the tape. I did not do that on the hood, quickly learned my lesson and did it for the windows. Day and night difference.
There are two pads, an alcohol pad, and then an adhesive pad that it recommends using gloves for.
The adhesive pads were a disaster for me. lol I had three pads and a total self fail on the first two attempts, but my third and final go was good. So now I will monitor how well the pieces hold and see how much of a diff that adhesive pad really makes lol.
The gloves I had on made it so hard to grab onto the cloth that by the time I finally grabbed it and opened it, most of the adhesive, which is primarily in a liquid state, had evaporated. Then on the hood I decided to lay out the cloth and wipe. Terrible idea. I slapped that bad boy on there and the adhesive glue kinda splatted in that one spot and then when I went to rub along the edge line of the front of my hood... the cloth was dry by the quarter pole. Smooooth John
Hood install wasn't too bad, just a matter or laying it on there then lining it up. Please bend the tape like I did on the windows so you don't end up picking out the tape like I had to do. Once you have a grip on the tape its just a matter of pulling it off, while pushing down on the piece to adhere it.
Attempt number two at the adhesive pad? I'm gonna go with more embarrassing... I have moved on to the air deflectors and because I learned my lesson I make sure my gloves are snug to my fingers so I will get good grip, I cut open the pack, grab the cloth out quickly, I fumble a bit with getting it unfolded cause my gloves are too damn big but get it unfolded relatively wet. I begin to wipe the adhesive on the frame outlining the top of both my front and back driver door. I get all the way to the end and the cloth is still wet and so I have enough for a pass back and I feel pretty good, so I go to grab my pieces and I line the first one up over the frame above the driver side door and I'm about to pull off the red tape and adhere it to the frame above my driver door when all of a sudden Penny(that's my dog), she says to me "Hey if you attach that right there, how ya gonna open the door?"
You attach the deflectors to THE DOOR! Not the frame above it! I was about to have a real bad time ha ha ha. But my lucky Penny saved the day and was thusly rewarded with all the belly rubs and treats.
So once I figure out that I should be attaching to the door I simply open the door and use my eyeballs to line it right on up. Passenger side install went great. People with OCD/perfectionists may notice my hood didn't line up perfectly. I just consider that character.
Privacy screen was super simple to set up. Just open tailgate to what ever height you can drape it around it, attach to roof rails, stake to ground and you are good. I'd say you got 85-95% privacy. If you are neurotic and really squeeze out every angle... maybe could get it to 98% the problem lies with the clip to the wheel well.

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain IMG_2923[1].JPG
I'll do it this Saturday. I need to wash my BS first... too much polen around here... my BB area 51 almost looks green ... blue + yellow polen = almost green hahaha. Also tomorrow should arrive my HD trule crossbar...

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'll do it this Saturday. I need to wash my BS first... too much polen around here... my BB area 51 almost looks green ... blue + yellow polen = almost green hahaha. Also tomorrow should arrive my HD trule crossbar...
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
I almost was gonna go Area 51, but I just could not say no to this blue!

Dash

Big Bend
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Bronco Sport Big Bend
This just confirms for me that I will definitely have the dealership install my hood protector. I don’t have the patience or fine motor skills to do it myself. But thank you for posting! This is very helpful!

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
I almost was gonna go Area 51, but I just could not say no to this blue!
Here is... not to complicated... just patience and pulse hahahaha
Hood cover.... check
Windows tinting.... check
Crossbar..... check....
Later more stuff...

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133639

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133650

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133806

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133752

Dash

Big Bend
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hood cover.... check
Crossbar..... check....
Later more stuff...

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133639

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133650

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133806

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain 20210411_133752
I’m seeing my future and it looks reeeeeeeal good.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Hood cover.... check
Crossbar..... check....
Later more stuff...

Interesting - The Yakima Timberline cross bars have the rounded edges toward the front and more pointy edge to the back. Yours seem in reverse?

Thanks

kenssmith

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
How do you spend the 42,000 points? I have an account and seen the online Ford store, but haven't seen a way to redeem the points at checkout or anything... or is this an in-person redemption thing at a parts department?

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How do you spend the 42,000 points? I have an account and seen the online Ford store, but haven't seen a way to redeem the points at checkout or anything... or is this an in-person redemption thing at a parts department?
Yeah I redeemed mine in person, not sure how to do online. Sorry

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hood cover.... check
Crossbar..... check....
Later more stuff...

Looking grreeeatt!!!!
Man I still love this color as well.
If ya have insta give me a follow to check out my continuing adventures!

Ford Bronco Sport Tips: Self Installing Aero Sport II Hood Protector, Air Deflectors and Ford Privacy Curtain IMG_E3254[1].JPG

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interesting - The Yakima Timberline cross bars have the rounded edges toward the front and more pointy edge to the back. Yours seem in reverse?
Oh yeah, my dude is right. You can see at 1:54 and the 3:00 mark at this vid you should have the rounded end forward. This helps with wind drag, decreases noise and makes you more aerodynamic!
Switch them thangs around!

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How do you like the hood deflector. What is it doing at 80 mph? Considering one or protective coating on the frontend. The free deflector is a LOT cheaper.
Sponsored