Thule load stop for Wingbar Evo?

mla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶0̶5̶ F̶o̶r̶d̶ E̶s̶c̶a̶p̶e̶
Now that I have my Sport, looking for a setup to allow transporting 2x4s and such on the rack.
Looking at the Thule Wingbar Evo 135 which has been discussed a lot on these forums.

But do they make a load stop for the Wingbar Evo? Seems like their existing ones only work on older models?
Or is there a third-party that makes load stops compatible with Evo?

What have you folks had success with? Thx
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Now that I have my Sport, looking for a setup to allow transporting 2x4s and such on the rack.
Looking at the Thule Wingbar Evo 135 which has been discussed a lot on these forums.

But do they make a load stop for the Wingbar Evo? Seems like their existing ones only work on older models?
Or is there a third-party that makes load stops compatible with Evo?

What have you folks had success with? Thx
Unfortunately the Thule load stop are for the aeroblade not the wingbar. The wingbar uses a rubber strip that reduces wind noise. The Thule load stop has a fixed t slot depth on one side that will not fit with the rubber strip.
Ford Bronco Sport Thule load stop for Wingbar Evo? 194446b0-861f-429e-ae47-ee4ffbb9a9d

Last edited:
Reactions: mla

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i've hauled plywood sheets and 2x4's on my wingbars. i use these quick ratchet straps. i also cut thin strips of rubber from an old floormat, the same width as the bar. i put this rubber between the bar and the load/wood/roof top tent/what have you, to prevent any sliding.
solid af, never an issue.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule load stop for Wingbar Evo? 1636124812236

OP
OP
mla

mla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i've hauled plywood sheets and 2x4's on my wingbars. i use these quick ratchet straps. i also cut thin strips of rubber from an old floormat, the same width as the bar. i put this rubber between the bar and the load/wood/roof top tent/what have you, to prevent any sliding.
solid af, never an issue.

1636124812236.png
Thanks. You have a link to those? And what length did you go for?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Thanks. You have a link to those? And what length did you go for?
this was just a generic image. i bought mine from 'Princess Auto' here in Manitoba. you can buy them at any auto or hardware store im sure. the length im not 100% sure either as i bought them years ago, but they are def long enough for my needs.

any other Q's let me know!

OP
OP
mla

mla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone going with the Thule Squarebar crossbars? Looks like those are compatible with all their older stuff.

Louder than the Wingbar, I guess, but I would take them off for extended trips? Idk

OP
OP
mla

mla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

GaryCN

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the Thule load stop are for the aeroblade not the wingbar. The wingbar uses a rubber strip that reduces wind noise. The Thule load stop has a fixed t slot depth on one side that will not fit with the rubber strip.
194446b0-861f-429e-ae47-ee4ffbb9a9de.jpeg
eTrailer states "You can use the Load Stops for Yakima HD Bar, JetStream, FlushBar, and RailBar Crossbars - Qty 4 Item # Y01161, which will also fit in the T-channels of Thule Wing Bar Evo crossbars." But they are out of stock now.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
eTrailer states "You can use the Load Stops for Yakima HD Bar, JetStream, FlushBar, and RailBar Crossbars - Qty 4 Item # Y01161, which will also fit in the T-channels of Thule Wing Bar Evo crossbars." But they are out of stock now.
I have the wingbar and it doesn't work, it is for the aero... It may work on some of the others, but the fixed t bar on the load stop is what causes issues with certain setups. I haven't actually checked to see if it works on the Yakima LnL platform.

GaryCN

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the Yakima stops I am talking about.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule load stop for Wingbar Evo? Yakima Load Stops
Sponsored