thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Thule 450R feet cost $299.95 for a set of 4. Is there any reason on earth to not buy 4 spare feet for a cost of $144.48 and 4 handle/caps for $45.40 with a total cost of $189.88 instead? Am I missing something on this, or is Thule (and any retailer that sells their stuff) just overcharging to get all the parts together?
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Thule 450R feet cost $299.95 for a set of 4. Is there any reason on earth to not buy 4 spare feet for a cost of $144.48 and 4 handle/caps for $45.40 with a total cost of $189.88 instead? Am I missing something on this, or is Thule (and any retailer that sells their stuff) just overcharging to get all the parts together?
They overcharge. I bought my Thule roof basket off Facebook Marketplace and it was missing some hardware. The Thule store was charging $9 a piece plus shipping for each bolt...I needed four of them...plus a few washers and matching nuts. In your case, I'm sure they're taking advantage of folks who want the convenience of just buying all the stuff together.

No thanks. I just bought comparable hardware at Lowes. My basket hasn't moved an inch since I put it on a month ago.