Thoughts about BL without the Extra BL Package?

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I ordered the Badlands with the Cloth seats so without the BL package, now I'm regretting it. My dealership said my order is in so its too late to change it . Any thoughts from people that ordered without the package and if they are missing any of the perks , the steering wheel ? do you still get a back up cam without package?. Does it still sound good without the B&O system?
Sponsored

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I ordered the Badlands with the Cloth seats so without the BL package, now I'm regretting it. My dealership said my order is in so its too late to change it . Any thoughts from people that ordered without the package and if they are missing any of the perks , the steering wheel ? do you still get a back up cam without package?. Does it still sound good without the B&O system?
I have the BL without BL package. Im not gonna assume what you like or not but i think youll be fine. I love mine. Cloth seats seem and feel very high quality, I would actually prefer them over leather personally. you still get front and backup cameras with the 180 degree option. its still included. Steering wheel is fine overall but to me couldve used a different finish / material but its fine. For me the only big difference is the BL pkg gives u leather / heating steering wheel and leather seats. Moonroof wouldve been cool but also theres a trade off with less roof weight capacity.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
sounds system is adequate. Unless youre a music producer that is picky about how songs sound it wont be bothersome. To me the standard speakers sound fine.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Cancel the order ? What will it cost you? A C-note ? Get the one you want.
On the other hand I'm very content with my much lower cost base model.

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a Badlands without BL package and i absolutely love it. For me, i actually prefer the cloth seats. Mine are black cloth with area 51 trim and look sharp and are still heated. As someone who is big into backpacking, camping, mountain biking etc, i wanted cloth over leather for durability and ease of upkeep. Ive had leather in previous cars and wasnt a big fan. Front and back camera still included and work great. The only thing i miss out of the BL package is the sound system, although the standard sound system is just fine.

OP
OP

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I have a Badlands without BL package and i absolutely love it. For me, i actually prefer the cloth seats. Mine are black cloth with area 51 trim and look sharp and are still heated. As someone who is big into backpacking, camping, mountain biking etc, i wanted cloth over leather for durability and ease of upkeep. Ive had leather in previous cars and wasnt a big fan. Front and back camera still included and work great. The only thing i miss out of the BL package is the sound system, although the standard sound system is just fine.
Yeah I really like the looks of cloth seats over the leather too, I will keep what I have .

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
So, everyone has their own preferences. Otherwise cars would have no options. In my case I have a strong preference for cloth seats and there wasn't anything in the BL package that was an absolute "must have" for me. A month into ownership I'm very happy with that choice.

But new cars are a big investment and I would always advise that you get what you want as you are likely going to live with it for quite some time ?

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Can't argue with the sentiments already expressed on here! I keep my vehicles for a loooong time so it's imperative I get exactly what I want, no compromises. Personally, not having the heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel or the 2.0 engine were deal breakers for me, so the only choice I had was BL + BL. I don't do enough hard core off-roading to need anything more than the regular 4WD platform, so if a full load Outer Banks would have come with an available 2.0, I definitely would have ordered that. I suspect Ford will recognize this and offer it as an option for 2022, and THAT configuration will sell insanely well. I'm sure the 1.5L is a great engine with more than enough power, I'm just too old school I guess to think about driving around in a 3-banger. Reminds me too much of my 1989 Toyota Tercel lawnmower engine which had about 75 HP, lol. Frankly, I'm awestruck at today's engineering that can get more horsepower out of 3 and 4 cylinder engines than my dad's 1992 Camaro Z28 with a V8.

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I didn't make the order for mine, I got one someone backed out of. BL without BL package. I'll say the only thing I miss is the remote start on the fob. The app works ok, but sometimes, it fails. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to enable my remote commands. Other times it starts just fine.

I put a cheaper cover on the steering wheel for now, I didn't like the feel of the plastic wheel.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I didn't make the order for mine, I got one someone backed out of. BL without BL package. I'll say the only thing I miss is the remote start on the fob. The app works ok, but sometimes, it fails. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to enable my remote commands. Other times it starts just fine.

I put a cheaper cover on the steering wheel for now, I didn't like the feel of the plastic wheel.
My app start is pretty reliable but I did find it to be better with stronger wifi.
Big property at work, fast 75 mbps wifi. I still do better app starting when I'm closer to the router.
I also learned we only get two remote starts. On a very cold day, twice after both startups work tasked me. The battery is only charged when driving I think.
All was fine but that's the limit.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I didn't like the look of the leather at all so it was an easy call for me to get it without the BL pkg. I love the dark look of the cloth seats. Didn't want to deal with a moonroof in an off-road vehicle and could care less about an upgraded stereo. I would prefer the leather wrapped (and heated) steering wheel but that's about it. I do find the steering wheel a little slick/stiff when it's cold but once it warms up, it's fine. You still have power driver seat and very effective heated seats (very effective lol!).

LWG

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello!

I have the badlands without the badlands package and I am very happy with it. I dont think you will have any regrets. Steering wheel is just average and probably a weak point. Not sure why they went cheap on a touch point. You do get a back up camera which is nice. I do wish I had the B&O system because I am a music guy but the sound on the standard system is fine. The cloth seats are really nice. No regrets and you will be happy! Let me know if I can answer and questions.
Sponsored