This is where all Ford's money has been going.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It's amusing to see the folks sitting in their EV's on a weekend sipping coffee and reading a newspaper at a mall parking lot charging station to get the "free" charge.

Its just a matter of time when some politician comes up with a tax bill to charge for this service.
And low and behold, post #29 above shows Texas to do just that!
Sponsored

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Screw Ford and all manufacturers. I just saw a story that Ford stayed with the higher trims because the high profits subsidize the EV's. It's not really about chip shortage anymore. I am tired of this market for sure.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
EVs, solar panels, wind mills, eat bugs thats where its at....

• Sad
Reactions: MJE

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
But there is a gas station on every corner and it doesn't take 40 minutes to fill up.
I never implied different. Was just mentioning about the posts above mine referencing battery life dropping while towing. Obviously getting gas is easier and faster than getting a charge.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford says they will lose $3billion on sales of electric vehicles this year. That's a big price to pay just so you can look woke! Their stock is down 20% over the past 6 months. They still maintain they will make a profit of $9-11B. We'll see. The government needs to quit forcing electrics. Let the market decide what is best for everyone. U.S. car CEOs don't have the backbone to push back on the government mandates. Only one that does is Toyota's.

I've driven a Mach E GT and it is a cool piece of technology. Drives great. But stated range in only 230 miles. If you drive it aggressively you can see the battery losing charge. It's cool, but I'd never buy one.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone tried to find a non- Ford engine air filter lately? Other than that spendy K&N filter?
Amazon, Autozone, and others sell Fram air filters, other than Ford motorcraft filters for one example.

What brand are you looking for?

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I never implied different. Was just mentioning about the posts above mine referencing battery life dropping while towing. Obviously getting gas is easier and faster than getting a charge.
The Mach E GT we drove got down to 30%, so we went to a local supermarket with chargers and stretched a fifteen-minute shopping trip to 40 minutes. Only had a 60% charge and cost $19. This vehicle seems to cost a lot more to drive than an ICE.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
The Mach E GT we drove got down to 30%, so we went to a local supermarket with chargers and stretched a fifteen-minute shopping trip to 40 minutes. Only had a 60% charge and cost $19. This vehicle seems to cost a lot more to drive than an ICE.
You had to pay for a charge? Around my town, the hook ups are free...for which brands of EV's, I don't know, since I don't own one.

But it's catching up. local governments are realizing that EV's don't pay a gas tax since they don't use gas. The gas tax is used to maintain the roads, and whatever else the tax is spent on. Texas is now charging a tax and registration fee on EV cars.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You had to pay for a charge? Around my town, the hook ups are free...for which brands of EV's, I don't know, since I don't own one.

But it's catching up. local governments are realizing that EV's don't pay a gas tax since they don't use gas. The gas tax is used to maintain the roads, and whatever else the tax is spent on. Texas is now charging a tax and registration fee on EV cars.
Nothing is free. Someone is paying for it. If it's government then no matter what you drive, you are subsidizing electric. Good point about e cars not paying a tax dedicated to roads.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ford says they will lose $3billion on sales of electric vehicles this year. They still maintain they will make a profit of $9-11B.
Truck and SUV profits subsidized Ford's sedan and econobox sales for close to a decade before it decided to stop selling them. It's not a stretch to imagine they can subsidize EV sales.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Truck and SUV profits subsidized Ford's sedan and econobox sales for close to a decade before it decided to stop selling them. It's not a stretch to imagine they can subsidize EV sales.
They were forced to build econoboxes due to federal CAFE mandates.
Sponsored