This is where all Ford's money has been going.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
You meant to say reading their phone or tablet, not newspaper, right?!
Ha! Could be, but I did see one guy with an open newspaper, sipping coffee.

In no way would I want to be so cheap that I have to spend a weekend morning charging my car in a parking lot, rather than installing one at my house and paying for the charge myself.

Its just a matter of time (if it has not happened yet) that the carjackers get smart and target these places.
Sponsored

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Agree with you. To add, I see nothing MUSTANG'ish with the mach E. A total injustice to the Mustang heritage. And from what I've been reading on the electric trucks. their battery life drops by almost half if you tow with them. And the commercial that shows an electric F150 powering up a house? I would think the truck would blow in 10 minutes or less.

Interesting that California wants to be the first state to be all electric cars, yet they will not allow the batteries from them to be disposed in their state.
I can't speak to the Lightning, but I do own at Mach E GT. I don't call it a Mustang, but to each their own I guess. Doesn't both me either way. That said, six months in, my wife loves it as her DD. It is our first EV. We've never even owned a Hybrid. She won't go back to ICE I don't think.

I'm going to drive my F350 Diesel until the day I head upstairs. The BS we have on order is for our summers at the lake and our kids to drive when we are at home during the school year. I am putting a 10 year 150k mile Ford ESP on it, which should get my kids through college with it. Drive it till the wheels come off.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I can't speak to the Lightning, but I do own at Mach E GT. I don't call it a Mustang, but to each their own I guess. Doesn't both me either way. That said, six months in, my wife loves it as her DD. It is our first EV. We've never even owned a Hybrid. She won't go back to ICE I don't think.

I'm going to drive my F350 Diesel until the day I head upstairs. The BS we have on order is for our summers at the lake and our kids to drive when we are at home during the school year. I am putting a 10 year 150k mile Ford ESP on it, which should get my kids through college with it. Drive it till the wheels come off.
My apologies if I offended you with the comment on the Mustang mach E not being a Mustang. I still feel that way thought. Had they called it something else, I would have accepted it.

I did get the doors blown off my F150 from a mach E awhile back. Impressive power.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
My apologies if I offended you with the comment on the Mustang mach E not being a Mustang. I still feel that way thought. Had they called it something else, I would have accepted it.

I did get the doors blown off my F150 from a mach E awhile back. Impressive power.
No apologies necessary. I think you make a valid point for sure. Honestly, we bought it because I used to work for Ford and get a good deal on them, and it was the only BEV that didn't look like it was trying to copy the cars from the 5th Element. Really, you wouldn't know if was a BEV from the outside if it was debadged and you didn't see Mach E.

Wife has the GT variant. It is wicked fast from 0-80 ish. Then the 5 sec power limited kicks in. If not for the 5-sec limiter, I'd probably say, yeah, it's kind of a mustang. But, it's not. And in reality, as a die hard mustang fan who is in the market for a 1970 B2, it really never will be a mustang. Fun and cool in a way, but nothing beats the sound of a v-8 on top of the tach.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
No apologies necessary. I think you make a valid point for sure. Honestly, we bought it because I used to work for Ford and get a good deal on them, and it was the only BEV that didn't look like it was trying to copy the cars from the 5th Element. Really, you wouldn't know if was a BEV from the outside if it was debadged and you didn't see Mach E.

Wife has the GT variant. It is wicked fast from 0-80 ish. Then the 5 sec power limited kicks in. If not for the 5-sec limiter, I'd probably say, yeah, it's kind of a mustang. But, it's not. And in reality, as a die hard mustang fan who is in the market for a 1970 B2, it really never will be a mustang. Fun and cool in a way, but nothing beats the sound of a v-8 on top of the tach.
Well, I see that Borla (and perhaps other exhaust manufacturers) now sells a speaker and sound system that is mounted in the back, under the bumper for EV cars. The sound it can play via operation of the driver is the sound of an ICE car!

If that doesn't beat all! Maybe we could put one on our BS's and really blow the minds of those around us.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Yea, I suppose. Haters gotta hate.

I would have bought the full size Bronco if I could have afforded it. I really do like this BS though. Impressive for its size and power plant.

I'm not against an EV; I just don't have the need for one yet. Not enough range yet. It will get there eventually.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is strictly for Europe, it isnā€™t coming here. I heard itā€™s smaller than the Escape which begs the question as to why they would use the Explorer nameplate on something puny. Reminds me of what Chevrolet did to the Trailblazerā€¦.
Yep, Chevy Trailbalzer is now a small mid-size crossover SUV, far from its origins. The European EV Explorer looks puny, far from its origins. I'll take the Bronco Sport over the Explorer EV any day!!!

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Yep, Chevy Trailbalzer is now a small mid-size crossover SUV, far from its origins. The European EV Explorer looks puny, far from its origins. I'll take the Bronco Sport over the Explorer EV any day!!!
Me too. I know that Bronco owners talk smack about the Sport, but at least the Sport sticks to the Broncoā€™s origins as an off roader.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape

I would have bought the full size Bronco if I could have afforded it. I really do like this BS though. Impressive for its size and power plant.

I'm not against an EV; I just don't have the need for one yet. Not enough range yet. It will get there eventually.
Yeah idk why they have to hate on the Sport, it doesnā€™t taint the Bronco name, itā€™s still a capable off roader. Is it as much of an off roader as the Bronco? No, but itā€™s still very capable from what Iā€™ve seen in videos on YouTube.

Yeah thereā€™s a lot of kinks they need to work out with EVs. To be honest, I think everyone shouldā€™ve done what Toyota is doing by slowly transitioning to EVs by turning their entire lineup into hybrids first. It gets people a taste of having an electric car while having the safety net of being able to use gas. Plus it gives everyone time to really sort out the short comings of EVs while also letting the infrastructure catch up to handle all the charging thatā€™s going to take place.

Iā€™m excited about EVs as Iā€™ve driven a few at the auto show, but thereā€™s still some bugs to work out and I wonā€™t own one until that happens.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I was a member of a Dodge Challenger forum for a few years, owning a Challenger GT. A V6, with 305 HP, so no slouch. However, a few Hemi owners felt like they had to hate on the V6ers. After awhile, it went away, as the V6 owners paid them no mind. Don't really see it here as this is a site dedicated to the sport. No reason for them to become a member to bash.

I'm amazed at how much pep is in the 1.5 3 cylinder turbo.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350

Not a brag here, but I can afford the full size Bronco, but it just doesn't fit my needs as a DD. Even though the price of fuel isn't going to make a difference in my life, I just can't see 18 MPG as something I get excited about. I DD my F350 diesel at 14 mpg, so I am excited to save that for tow duty and be able to actually park in most spots in the city with the BS.

Secondary bonus, it's going to be great for our lake house in Northern Idaho and it's not the cookie cutter baby ute that every other OEM is producing. I love the looks, the size, the off road chops and the great fuel mileage. And, I am looking forward to personalizing it. I really don't give a shit what others think. Especially people who probably have a $1000 car payment when mine will be zero. Who's laughing at who I guess.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
MPG goes when down when towing also, so stating that the battery drains faster when towing isnā€™t anything unique to an electric vehicle.
With the Lightning, the range drops dramatically in cold weather. Ford can talk about battery conditioning all they want but the reality is, the tech isnā€™t there yet.

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
It's amusing to see the folks sitting in their EV's on a weekend sipping coffee and reading a newspaper at a mall parking lot charging station to get the "free" charge.

Its just a matter of time when some politician comes up with a tax bill to charge for this service.
in Texas they just passed a law to add $200 annually to EV registrations to make up for the gas tax they aren't paying. we've owned an ev since 2017. have no issue paying a tax to contribute our share to maintaining roads etc. (however I haven't paid close to $200/yr in gas tax in any other car. )

Ford Bronco Sport This is where all Ford's money has been going. Screenshot_20230516_063534_Google

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
MPG goes when down when towing also, so stating that the battery drains faster when towing isnā€™t anything unique to an electric vehicle.
Yeah, but when it takes at min. 30 minutes to refuel to just go another 100 some miles, that is unique.
Sponsored