This is where all Ford's money has been going.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I fell for that trap in 2020 and here I am still waiting for my "Built Wild" Bronco. ! I'm sure they will sell and bunch. How many they deliver will be the telling tale.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
You can go online and reserve one to make sure you are first to get one. Hurry up before reservations fill up...

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Is gonna be like their electric truck, or mach E. Useless as an actual vehicle. Not to mention all the issues theyā€™re having with their electric vehicles right now

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Is gonna be like their electric truck, or mach E. Useless as an actual vehicle. Not to mention all the issues theyā€™re having with their electric vehicles right now
Agree with you. To add, I see nothing MUSTANG'ish with the mach E. A total injustice to the Mustang heritage. And from what I've been reading on the electric trucks. their battery life drops by almost half if you tow with them. And the commercial that shows an electric F150 powering up a house? I would think the truck would blow in 10 minutes or less.

Interesting too that California wants to be the first state to be all electric cars, yet they will not allow the batteries from them to be disposed in their state.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
In cold climates range goes way down cause heater drains battery fast. Long trips in cold weather have to stop for lengthy recharges frequently. Electric pickups towing heavy loads in cold weather thats a problem. But for some use cases like driving within range and some place to charge at your house or job they can work.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
In cold climates range goes way down cause heater drains battery fast. Long trips in cold weather have to stop for lengthy recharges frequently. Electric pickups towing heavy loads in cold weather thats a problem. But for some use cases like driving within range and some place to charge at your house or job they can work.
Yup. Everyone's use case is different. If you need heavy hauling or towing over distance, the electric revolution has not gotten there yet.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
MPG goes when down when towing also, so stating that the battery drains faster when towing isnā€™t anything unique to an electric vehicle.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
MPG goes when down when towing also, so stating that the battery drains faster when towing isnā€™t anything unique to an electric vehicle.
True some times gas mileage can be cut in half. But its less of an issue with gas you just fill up and go vs waiting long period of time to charge battery. But with EV if towing within the reduced range not an issue so it can work for some uses.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
True some times gas mileage can be cut in half. But its less of an issue with gas you just fill up and go vs waiting long period of time to charge battery. But with EV if towing within the reduced range not an issue so it can work for some uses.
Agreed. I just feel sometimes people donā€™t understand that batteries act the same way. You put more stress on the battery it will decrease at an increased rate. If you drive an EV hard it decreases the range.
People overlook this fact even though they have smartphones that last much less when you stream videos versus just making calls.

This will be the case when off road vehicles go EV. Advertised ranges will not be true real life examples for actual usage.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
This is strictly for Europe, it isnā€™t coming here. I heard itā€™s smaller than the Escape which begs the question as to why they would use the Explorer nameplate on something puny. Reminds me of what Chevrolet did to the Trailblazerā€¦.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Agree with you. To add, I see nothing MUSTANG'ish with the mach E. A total injustice to the Mustang heritage. And from what I've been reading on the electric trucks. their battery life drops by almost half if you tow with them. And the commercial that shows an electric F150 powering up a house? I would think the truck would blow in 10 minutes or less.

Interesting that California wants to be the first state to be all electric cars, yet they will not allow the batteries from them to be disposed in their state.
Yeah the Mach E is a joke to use the Mustang name. Idk if people even call it Mustang Mach E or just say Mach E. It wouldā€™ve been better if they had used the Fusion nameplate and branded it as a Ford badged product instead of a Mustang badged product.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It's amusing to see the folks sitting in their EV's on a weekend sipping coffee and reading a newspaper at a mall parking lot charging station to get the "free" charge.

Its just a matter of time when some politician comes up with a tax bill to charge for this service.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
EVs will not be fully viable until itā€™s possible to charge them in the time it takes to fill a tank with gas.

The government will impose taxes on charging stations at some point. They are not going to simply lose the revenue from gas stations.

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It's amusing to see the folks sitting in their EV's on a weekend sipping coffee and reading a newspaper at a mall parking lot charging station to get the "free" charge.

Its just a matter of time when some politician comes up with a tax bill to charge for this service.
You meant to say reading their phone or tablet, not newspaper, right?!
Sponsored