AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Ford Bronco Sport This Came In The Mail Today FE8021A0-D226-408A-A699-D9E3D4437603

Ford Bronco Sport This Came In The Mail Today 857DFF74-7897-4F27-920E-BCD2097C2D11

it was all wrapped in paper, but i had to check it out. looks solid, super pumped!
nice stuff @hrgengineering ??
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Looks like someone has a project for the weekend.

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Let us know how it goes!

This is the kit I am looking at, but had some hesitancy to drill holes and shave parts as seen in their install video. If you happen to install it without doing that let me know!

Also, do you know if you need the camber bolt for the install, or is it optional?

fred.

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like someone has a project for the weekend.
either this weekend or next. full shop access plus alignment rack ??. gonna double triple check all instructions before diving in.

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know how it goes!

This is the kit I am looking at, but had some hesitancy to drill holes and shave parts as seen in their install video. If you happen to install it without doing that let me know!

Also, do you know if you need the camber bolt for the install, or is it optional?

fred.
the kit looks super solid and well built. pics do no justice.
the 4 holes i gotta drill are no worry to me, nor shaving the strut. its so minimal i cant see any issues. knock on wood of course.
upgraded to 245/65/17 this past weekend.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
I installed this in two hours very easy. And yes you do need the camber bolts. Lots of places don’t have the software for the computer alignment. I found ford quick lane did. It’s a nice lift very happy ?

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any ideas if Ford would do this install? Don’t think I could bring myself to drill holes myself!

fred.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Any ideas if Ford would do this install? Don’t think I could bring myself to drill holes myself!

fred.
I don’t think ford would because they can only put oem ford part. But I was told from my cousin that quick lane probably would. He used to manage a ford dealership service department,and said quick lane would do after market kits on trucks

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed this in two hours very easy. And yes you do need the camber bolts. Lots of places don’t have the software for the computer alignment. I found ford quick lane did. It’s a nice lift very happy ?
awesome, this makes me happy that you did it! and also got the camber bolts. how are you liking it?

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

fred.
you’d be ok, it looks simple tbh!

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
awesome, this makes me happy that you did it! and also got the camber bolts. how are you liking it?
It rides good, almost like a factory ride, the extra clearance is nice also, I can feel more comfortable on some mountain trails with out worrying about getting hung up

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don’t think ford would because they can only put oem ford part. But I was told from my cousin that quick lane probably would. He used to manage a ford dealership service department,and said quick lane would do after market kits on trucks
If I understand what you're saying here, Ford itself will not install aftermarket parts on one of its cars, but a Ford dealership can, and some do, which is true.

Finding a Ford dealership willing to install aftermarket parts for you can be a smart move. It may cost more than a local shop, but if the tech makes a mistake at the dealership during installation you have a better chance of getting any resulting issues satisfactorily resolved.

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I understand what you're saying here, Ford itself will not install aftermarket parts on one of its cars, but a Ford dealership can, and some do, which is true.

Finding a Ford dealership willing to install aftermarket parts for you can be a smart move. It may cost more than a local shop, but if the tech makes a mistake at the dealership during installation you have a better chance of getting any resulting issues satisfactorily resolved.
agreed 100% - Ford shop is probably the way to go.

my problem is, i can't leave a car alone. i love to wrench and mod. red seal collision mechanic by trade, plus access to all the tools and shop i could possibly dream of.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
my problem is, i can't leave a car alone. i love to wrench and mod. red seal collision mechanic by trade, plus access to all the tools and shop i could possibly dream of.
Me too. If I do it myself then I know who to blame if it's screwed up. ?‍?
Sponsored

Last edited: