First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport, 23 Bronco, 22 392, 20 JT
Ok, I apologize because this is not something I have ever dealt with, so these questions may be really dumb. But I called in today and I want to make sure I get this right.

I want to do the PPF and get the satin black and I will have these installed by my graphics shop. Your receptionist on the phone said I order the PPF and graphic from you as they are already custom fit to the four pillars. As I described how I get scratches on the pillars from branches where I off-road, she said ideally you’d do the graphic and then protect everything with the PPF but in this case you’d lose the design. So, do it in reverse.

So, I just want to make sure I’m ordering PPF and satin graphic from you. And, they should be applied PPF first. Correct on both?

Thanks and sorry if I am making this harder than needed!
The PPF is there to give you the "paint protection", it also offers as much coverage as possible (compared to just the topo graphics themselves). It is recommended to apply first. The topography graphics are more of an accent (although they do offer protection), as the lines are reverse cut from the vinyl exposing the surface underneath. So for the full protection, we recommend doing both, with PPF applied first. Keep in mind the satin isa semi-sloss, so while it will show contrast against the gloss finish, it won; tbe near as much as the matte graphics' contrast.

Greg :)
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@Tigger just a question for you, do you want the satin black graphic only for the color/graphic?
Yes. I think those look really cool.
Keep in mind the satin is a semi-gloss, so while it will show contrast against the gloss finish, it won’t be near as much as the matte graphics' contrast.
Ok, I’ll go matte then. I’m talking with my installer tomorrow, then I’ll order the PPF and graphic.

edit: ordered but cannot get installed until mid-January. Also, they thought I should go with the satin white to match my heritage roof, but I stayed PPF and matte black. Excited!

Last edited:

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The PPF is there to give you the "paint protection", it also offers as much coverage as possible (compared to just the topo graphics themselves). It is recommended to apply first. The topography graphics are more of an accent (although they do offer protection), as the lines are reverse cut from the vinyl exposing the surface underneath. So for the full protection, we recommend doing both, with PPF applied first. Keep in mind the satin isa semi-sloss, so while it will show contrast against the gloss finish, it won; tbe near as much as the matte graphics' contrast.

That's a good idea - when these finally wear out in a couple/few years I will purchase both and reapply

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Okay, these look pretty good but with a black roof, it would be nice to at least cover the sides of the roof just above the windows. I would really like to do the whole roof but that is a much bigger/harder project.

OP
OP
Luis@UG

Luis@UG

Badlands
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Okay, these look pretty good but with a black roof, it would be nice to at least cover the sides of the roof just above the windows. I would really like to do the whole roof but that is a much bigger/harder project.
Agree with you. If you're interested, we can custom design one for you.
Let's us know how we can help;

Luis 😎

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
a few hours after I drove home from the dealership, I did a Cerakote trim coat on all the trim parts to protect them... but now it's starting to wear off (coming up on 2 years of wear). Do you have any suggestions on how to remove that for prep for your pillar graphics?

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport, 23 Bronco, 22 392, 20 JT
a few hours after I drove home from the dealership, I did a Cerakote trim coat on all the trim parts to protect them... but now it's starting to wear off (coming up on 2 years of wear). Do you have any suggestions on how to remove that for prep for your pillar graphics?
I would do no more than 90% Iso. Alcohol. Maybe a clay bar (make sure the clay is clean) and ytou should be good. Worst case is a good detailer that can do paint correction and they can polish and buff to perfection.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ll admit my expectations were high. And I’ll admit I’m easily disappointed. But wow, what a great product and great company!

I had the PPF and graphic applied. I messed up my order but Underground Graphics worked with me to get it right. Much appreciated!

And here is the finished product and I could not be happier with the quality!

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2243

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2241

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2245

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2246

shwamo83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow!!! Came really really cool! Thank you for sharing this amazing photo! Totally goes with your build
UG Would you be able to do a custom design for the back quarter windows or pillars? Like if I sent you an idea would you be able to print it?

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
I’ll admit my expectations were high. And I’ll admit I’m easily disappointed. But wow, what a great product and great company!

I had the PPF and graphic applied. I messed up my order but Underground Graphics worked with me to get it right. Much appreciated!

And here is the finished product and I could not be happier with the quality!

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2243

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2241

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2245

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2246
Can you get a shot showing the whole side? How hard was it to install?

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Can you get a shot showing the whole side? How hard was it to install?
I’m sorry about my photo skills but I hope one of these pictures help.

I had them installed by a local company. The owner is a friend and he just got trained in PPF, although he’s been customizing vehicles for years. It took him 2 hours, so cost $150, and he was very impressed with Underground Graphics as a company and the quality. He said the install was very easy
and the longest time consuming was waiting for PPF to dry to install the graphic.

edit: the pictures above from UG are better

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2250

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2252

Ford Bronco Sport The WAIT IS OVER!!! Ford Bronco Sport Pillar Graphics IMG_2253

Last edited: