The Flashing Speed Limit Sign is Driving Me Bonkers!!!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
There are a lot of ways to alter that from turning off cruise to changing the speed recognition parameters. Look around your vehicle settings.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My shows speed limit on dash but it never flashes?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I don't know why people don't read their owners manual, it answers all kinds of questions people typically ask, including yours.
Hey. You might be on to something …

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I turned all that so called intelligent stuff off. 360+ with the auto speedlimit setup was sketchy. Driving down a state road posted 55mph the car suddenly starts decelerating and the dash showed a 25mph speed limit. No signs anywhere in sight. Happened on a couple other occasions also. Go into driver aid settings and adjust or turn off the intelligent cruise feature. When using cruise it will adjust your speed automatically at the programmed mph either over or under the posted speed limit sign the camera picks up on. Other then that the lane centering and radar is sooo nice. It's really what sold me on the car to begin with.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I was just about to post on this and did a quick search instead.

I wish I could turn that speed limit sign off. It's not correct some of the time and I don't understand why sometimes it's a rectangle that reads Speed Limit and other times it's a square that just says Limit. Unless I missed that part in the manual.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I was just about to post on this and did a quick search instead.

I wish I could turn that speed limit sign off. It's not correct some of the time and I don't understand why sometimes it's a rectangle that reads Speed Limit and other times it's a square that just says Limit. Unless I missed that part in the manual.
Check your owner's manual. Look for Speed Sign Recognition in the section on Driving Aids.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Check your owner's manual. Look for Speed Sign Recognition in the section on Driving Aids.
I just did, for the 3rd time. Maybe my paper version is out of date but there is absolutely nothing in there explaining why sometimes it reads Speed Limit and sometimes the Speed word is gone. It feels like a bug. And I did turn it off but the manual says the system is always on.

I have since turned it off. It's a nice system, although it would be great if it anticipated speed limit reductions before we hit the sign, especially if there's a State Trooper waiting right there.

But a couple of times it picks up the feeder road limit signs and starts slowing me down on the highway. Or it'll pick up an inactive school zone sign.
Ford Bronco Sport The Flashing Speed Limit Sign is Driving Me Bonkers!!! IMG_7665
Ford Bronco Sport The Flashing Speed Limit Sign is Driving Me Bonkers!!! IMG_7666

Would be nice if most of the people who post here did that as well.
It would. And I'm sure some read it and then come and post on here. Maybe they need clarification (not everyone is an automotive engineer). Maybe they just want to interact with a new community around new vehicle that can be polarizing.

I was looking up some posts a few days ago and came across some older threads. New, excited members. A few people started to interact with them. Then here came those, who I can only imagine, members that are paying for the bandwidth on the site and told them to either RTFM or reminded them that a thread was already posted on that subject, even though the new thread had a lot more information.

Guess what. That was their last post.
Sponsored