The Backseat Bivy looks very useful for spending the night in a BS.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to attach that to the carabiners in the back. They'd probably break.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Maybe seats moved all the way forward for extra space?
I'd be interested in seeing your photos.
Also seems like the BS seat backs are too high for comfort. Looks like the slope will have you sliding toward the rear hatch in short order.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
I've slept in mine several times now, using a twin-size air mattress with the front seats folded forward. It's comfortable enough for me, and the slope towards the hatch isn't bothersome. I'm only 5'5" though, so YMMV.

Ford Bronco Sport The Backseat Bivy looks very useful for spending the night in a BS. IMG_0961

MtKitty

Badlands
First Name
Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I've slept in mine several times now, using a twin-size air mattress with the front seats folded forward. It's comfortable enough for me, and the slope towards the hatch isn't bothersome. I'm only 5'5" though, so YMMV.

Ford Bronco Sport The Backseat Bivy looks very useful for spending the night in a BS. IMG_0961
Us too. We used a little plywood to cover the area between the front seats and back seat. We slid the front seats all the way forward. Hubby is 5'10" and we have lots of room. I kind of like this hammock thingy though. Might investigate.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Us too. We used a little plywood to cover the area between the front seats and back seat. We slid the front seats all the way forward. Hubby is 5'10" and we have lots of room. I kind of like this hammock thingy though. Might investigate.
Yeah at my height I’m fine without covering the gap, but I can see how it would be nice for taller folks.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Does anyone have one of these Backseat Bivy thangs? This could come in handy.
Back seat thang

https://backseatbivy.com/
I have the link saved for it, saw it on Kickstarter a while ago. But I had already bought this very similar product: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888S5Q6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't used it yet, but looks like it has the same functionality as the Bivy thing.
And I like that you can fold the Amazon one in half to only cover half the seat, as I only use the area behind the drivers seat as my sleeping space, leaving the rear passenger seat open for easily getting in and out.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
I have the link saved for it, saw it on Kickstarter a while ago. But I had already bought this very similar product: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888S5Q6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't used it yet, but looks like it has the same functionality as the Bivy thing.
And I like that you can fold the Amazon one in half to only cover half the seat, as I only use the area behind the drivers seat as my sleeping space, leaving the rear passenger seat open for easily getting in and out.
EDIT TO ADD: Had a chance to try out the seat gap filler "thing" I mentioned above. Works perfectly! And I believe it's much cheaper than the one on Kickstarter. It attaches to the back of the front seat backs and is stiff, to reach across the gap and lay across the edge of the folded down rear seats. The mattress and your body weight on top holds it in place. I like that it can be folded in half if you are sleeping single, which allows you to keep the rear passenger seat up and have access to the foot well (which makes it easier to get in and out when using a single-wide mattress.)

Ford Bronco Sport The Backseat Bivy looks very useful for spending the night in a BS. 20210901_124815 copy

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I think this is a great idea! Just from the pictures it seems better than the backseat bicycle thing.
I’m too big and old to have any interest in sleeping in my BS but it strikes me that none of these solutions makes much sense without also considering the addition of some sort of rear hatch tent. I say that for ease in getting in/out, ventilation, and a place for your stuff displaced by whatever sleeping arrangement you select.
Sponsored