Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences?

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
Off road is where you really see the difference. We drove the BS on some moderate trails, every now and then you had to lock up the rear to make it through some parts.

With the Bronco we drove the entire time in 4 Low and with the sway bar disconnected. Only when we were doing some serious rock crawling did we have to engage the lockers.
I've seen a couple of videos of BS Badlands going offroad and flex is non-existent on the trail. Can you easily disconnect swaybars on a BS?
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've seen a couple of videos of BS Badlands going offroad and flex is non-existent on the trail. Can you easily disconnect swaybars on a BS?
That is only on the full size Bronco

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My wife and I have our event next weekend in Texas. I've been looking forward to this since my purchase in Dec of 22. I'm confused, do I drive my BS or one or theirs? I'm assuming mine since I purchased the insurance, but maybe that's the insurance on their BS.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You will not drive your Bronco Sport... only theirs. The insurance is for for them icase they kill you! :cool:

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If you signed up as a Sport owner, that is what you will drive. Their goal is to teach you how to drive your vehicle.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The people are very nice and the guide was great. My biggest complaint would be one of value. We spent way too much time 3 to 4 hours) driving around the countryside (off of the Ford property) on paved, gravel and sandy roads that nearly any driver in any vehicle with no "off road" training could easily handle. The good stuff was later, back at the Ford property where they have their course set up. One down side to my trip was the severe drought at the time, so all of the water crossings were dried up.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The people are very nice and the guide was great. My biggest complaint would be one of value. We spent way too much time 3 to 4 hours) driving around the countryside (off of the Ford property) on paved, gravel and sandy roads that nearly any driver in any vehicle with no "off road" training could easily handle. The good stuff was later, back at the Ford property where they have their course set up. One down side to my trip was the severe drought at the time, so all of the water crossings were dried up.
Good to know. Maybe I need to request more intense driving. I've done a lot of mudding previously.
When was it that you went there?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you signed up as a Sport owner, that is what you will drive. Their goal is to teach you how to drive your vehicle.
This is factual. However, we got to take a ride in a full-size Bronco with one of Ford's pro off-road drivers around the confidence course. We went around it fast, and it was exhilarating!

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Good to know. Maybe I need to request more intense driving. I've done a lot of mudding previously.
When was it that you went there?
I went last summer.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Last weekend my wife and I attended the Off-Roadeo event in Texas. Amazing time! For Bronco Sports, it was just us and one other lady, so we had plenty of training time. The only complaint was too much driving on the country roads before we actually got on the rocks. Our guide "Hollywood" was fantastic!! My favorite part was the rock crawling. Amazing food and people and experience. I had already known a lot about the Bronco, but I sure learned way more. I wished that I could've driven my Bronco on some of the trails. It would've done way better as the trucks they had were Badlands, but had no lift and no skid plates and had highway tires, but still they great. I wished that we could've tried some of the trails that the big boys were going on though.
When it was over, I told our guide that it was a fantastic experience!! Highly recommend it. Before you go, be sure and watch some of the videos. Very helpful to know what to expect.
Sponsored