davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Alright, this is my first road trip. I’m staying at hotels so I’m not sure if this counts.

I’m leaving San Marcos and going to Marble Falls. So backwards of almost all the guides.

I washed it up, tires and oil are good.
Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Overland Trip!! IMG_8419

I picked up coffee, snacks, and I have water (2 gallons in the back seat).
Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Overland Trip!! IMG_8422

And I’m going to try this GoPro out to get some nice videos. If y’all know of a better, non-permanent mount, let me know!
Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Overland Trip!! IMG_8421
Sponsored

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
What a day! Hopefully I can post up some videos. I wanted to take some pics but there mostly wasn't a good spot to stop.

Alright, so I got my flat tire fixed and headed up to Fredericksburg. I wanted to make a little stop there because my Gaia GPS via CarPlay wasn't working right. Unfortunately, looking at their community section, there's maybe not much support for CarPlay.

I ended up just making a quick YouTube video. Maybe I'll end up YouTube famous!

Issues I ran into... I eventually got my map working on Gaia GPS but it wouldn't give directions via CarPlay. The route I mapped out on Gaia GPS took me up to a private property. I'm not sure if that's my fault or where I grabbed the route from (I redid it since I was still having issues but thought I followed it exactly). I had to turn around and go back to get back on another road. Then I went down James River Road to a river crossing. It was late, I was by myself, and I didn't want to risk it. So again, I turned back around.

I wish I had taken some pics or video of that. Honestly, I was a little frustrated so I didn't even think of it. The deer were out and I did not want one to run into me! I also need to take better details of where I am. I had to guess on these clips.

Here's the link... it should be up in about 20 minutes.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Oh, here’s my fuel mileage for the trip.

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Overland Trip!! IMG_8542
Sponsored