Tall People W/ Sunroof

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I couldn't find a thread directly looking for feedback related to this subject. I'm 6 foot 6 and wondering if anyone same height or possibly taller has their BS and is willing to give their thoughts on the usage of their BS. I test drove a base model and was impressed and didn't feel too cramped. Obviously not as much room as my F150, but acceptable.

However, I test drove a base model with no sunroof and that was for only about 15-20 mins. So I didn't exactly test drive an exact model of what I was looking to get. I have a BL with a Sunroof on order and was curious if any tall peeps were here and have the sunroof option.

I had a Jeep Patriot previously, similar in size and shape, and I had no issues getting in or out of that car or had issues with long drive times. However that was again, without a sunroof at the time.
Sponsored

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I couldn't find a thread directly looking for feedback related to this subject. I'm 6 foot 6 and wondering if anyone same height or possibly taller has their BS and is willing to give their thoughts on the usage of their BS. I test drove a base model and was impressed and didn't feel too cramped. Obviously not as much room as my F150, but acceptable.

However, I test drove a base model with no sunroof and that was for only about 15-20 mins. So I didn't exactly test drive an exact model of what I was looking to get. I have a BL with a Sunroof on order and was curious if any tall peeps were here and have the sunroof option.

I had a Jeep Patriot previously, similar in size and shape, and I had no issues getting in or out of that car or had issues with long drive times. However that was again, without a sunroof at the time.
My husband is not quite as tall as you (6'4"), but he really seems to love my badlands with sunroof! I've never seen him so excited about a car. Now he wants one too.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
My husband is not quite as tall as you (6'4"), but he really seems to love my badlands with sunroof! I've never seen him so excited about a car. Now he wants one too.
That's great to hear! I just wasn't sure if the sunroof option REALLY dips in to the headroom department, and the last thing I want to do is have my head resting on headliner. 😅

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
That's great to hear! I just wasn't sure if the sunroof option REALLY dips in to the headroom department, and the last thing I want to do is have my head resting on headliner. 😅
Not at all, it just makes it feel more open and spacious. I'm really glad I didn't settle on one without the sunroof. Love it!

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Buddy of mine is 6' 4" or so - said both seats fit quite well, and was surprised b/c of said roof...

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I’ve never closed the headliner except by accident. Since the glass lifts up and out I can’t imagine there would be an issue

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

If you drop the seat height, I think you’ll be fine.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My son is 6'6" and while I don't have the sunroof...he has more than enough headroom and legroom...that was one of my tests before buying. No issues front seat or back.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I have sun roof in mine and doesn't seem like head liner is excessively low to accommodate the sun roof. Plenty of head room there.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm so short I'd have to roll it over to hit the roof. Still not a shrimp.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I got a sunroof and there is a bunch of head space. I'm not that tall (6 feet) but there is one issue I find annoying. I feel like the steering wheel doesn't telescope enough. I got long legs and I have to stretch my arms to reach the wheel.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well got a sunroof, only 5’ 11” but I have my seat positioned all the way up as high as it will go, and let me tell ya I have plenty of headroom and then some, I’m so used to sitting up high in my F-150 SuperCrew.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Thanks everyone for your responses! Seems like majority have plenty of headroom and then some. Can't wait to get my BS 😭

bigbruin

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was looking for a thread like this, but it doesn't confirm what I was experiencing. I am 6'2", and I swear my wife's Big Bend is way too small. I can't get enough leg room while driving it, and no I am not all legs. lol

We have a trip from NJ to SC coming up and I don't know what to do. This would be the best since it is by far our quietest and most fuel efficient car, but my legs bother me after trips a little over an hour.

I'll have to try again with the seat all the way in the lowest position as well as all the way back, but it seems tall people fit ok, ehh?

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I was looking for a thread like this, but it doesn't confirm what I was experiencing. I am 6'2", and I swear my wife's Big Bend is way too small. I can't get enough leg room while driving it, and no I am not all legs. lol

We have a trip from NJ to SC coming up and I don't know what to do. This would be the best since it is by far our quietest and most fuel efficient car, but my legs bother me after trips a little over an hour.

I'll have to try again with the seat all the way in the lowest position as well as all the way back, but it seems tall people fit ok, ehh?
Ya, I can see long trips being a bit cramped. I seem to have the same issue in my older Jeep Patriot, which was pretty similar in size. But, I rarely go on long trips. At most is ever a 2 hr drive one way every few months. But it is def a concern for me. Hoping my dealership gets another BS in soon that I could test drive again just to get another feel for it. A quick 15 min test drive isn't going to get a good feeling that is memorable. 😅
Sponsored