Tahoe/Sac Area

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
If anyone is getting a Sport in these areas and is new to off roading I suggest Butcher Ranch road up to the Sierra Buttes when the snow melts. It's a great beginner trail with one harder obstacle. It's also one of the most beautiful drives you'll take and has some fantastic spots to take pictures of your new Sport.

I've driven it in both a Crosstrek, with skids/AT tires, and the Cherokee Trailhawk. It was a challenge for the Crosstrek, it actually overheated during the climb. If you've got less than the Badlands you'll probably struggle over the one bad obstacle. I had to use a lot of speed to get the Crosstrek up it and would probably have taken damager without the skids. It was also dry, I'm not sure a non Badlands could make it over safely when wet.

I'd be happy to take some folks up there if there's interest from people wanting to get into the tougher trails. Right now you can't make it to the Buttes but you can get about halfway. It's also not a trail for folks with a problem with heights.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZMiAfAhPXHK9oak76
Sponsored