SYNC weather app. Very cool!

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
With the remnants of Hurricane Ida passing through my area recently, I had a chance to play around with the Sirius XM weather app and I’m pretty impressed. Not only did it show fairly recent radar data, but it overlaid that on top of a surface analysis map. It‘s tough to see in the picture, but it also marked a few areas that were under tornado watch (one eventually did touch down in Maryland).
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC weather app.  Very cool! 6A8EFCFA-6466-4721-B835-0E782B85044D
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
With the remnants of Hurricane Ida passing through my area recently, I had a chance to play around with the Sirius XM weather app and I’m pretty impressed. Not only did it show fairly recent radar data, but it overlaid that on top of a surface analysis map. It‘s tough to see in the picture, but it also marked a few areas that were under tornado watch (one eventually did touch down in Maryland).
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC weather app.  Very cool! 6A8EFCFA-6466-4721-B835-0E782B85044D
SiriusXM Travel Link will also display NWS warnings (e.g. tornadoes, thunderstorms, flash floods) across the top banner if you're in the vicinity. An unexpected but really useful feature.

Lufifi

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
SiriusXM Travel Link will also display NWS warnings (e.g. tornadoes, thunderstorms, flash floods) across the top banner if you're in the vicinity. An unexpected but really useful feature.
Since emergencies (disasters) are part of my job, I LOVE THIS! I need to go check it out closer. Thanks for the info!

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Since emergencies (disasters) are part of my job, I LOVE THIS! I need to go check it out closer. Thanks for the info!
The only problem I've had is that the warnings sometimes don't clear, even after you manually dismiss them. So I'll be driving along and get an outdated alert -- maybe the current Sync update fixes this but overall a minor issue. Considering what flash floods can do to clueless motorists, I think weather alerts are one of the best features no one talks about.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Okay, I tried searching how to get this function, but it's probably faster to ask you guys... how does one get this app?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Okay, I tried searching how to get this function, but it's probably faster to ask you guys... how does one get this app?
Make sure CarPlay isn't connected > Apps > Weather (or maybe it's Travel Link) > the key is to click the top right and change to the map display. On mine it defaulted to text-only weather forecast. The app in question is included by default and I didn't have to install anything or even set my location manually.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Make sure CarPlay isn't connected > Apps > Weather (or maybe it's Travel Link) > the key is to click the top right and change to the map display. On mine it defaulted to text-only weather forecast. The app in question is included by default and I didn't have to install anything or even set my location manually.
Thanks for the help, I've realized that I don't have a Travel Link subscription, so that's what I am missing. Not sure it's worth the extra fee...

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Fusion Hybrid, '20 Escape Hybrid
If you want less steps to get to the weather map you can use voice to get to the radar. It’ll take various phrases based on software version but “weather map” or "show the radar" are some that'll do the trick. The alerts are easy access from the ! icon in the status bar.

OP
OP

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I noticed recently that if you zoom in enough it shows wind direction and speed. Very cool.
Sponsored