Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
So for those who don't know, we have a 2021 badlands BS. Factory is 1.5" higher than a non-badlands and I had ford install the 1.5" RC kit at the dealership. The drivers side swaybar link is loose and starting to knock. 43,000km's on it, not sure if it's still under warranty. Anyone have any idea's? I'm guessing no but we bought it Jan 2022 so really it's only 2 years old.

As far as to whether the lift kit did anything, I'd say no on the lift kit, but I am curious if anyone else has had sway bar link issues, with or without a lift.

Thanks

(here's my you tube channel if you want to see it)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1VgkzBeJQyi6ODJmIVq9TA

Example;
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
By loose do you mean the swaybar link attachment hardware (2 nuts) or the Rough Country upper sway bar link bracket(s) which have 2 bolts that attach the bracket to each strut.

If the attachment hardware is loose it would seem that it could be re-torqued to spec and you would be on your way. I dont know what warranty you could exercise, you say the Ford dealer installed it, if the hardware is loose its a workmanship issue.
'
On another note Rough Country states the following:

Rough Country's 1.5" lift kit is exactly what your 2021 Ford Bronco Sport needs to achieve the aggressive look it was meant to have.
  • Lifts and levels the vehicle.
  • Allows for larger more aggressive tires.
Fitment Notes
  • Does NOT fit Badlands edition.
  • Does NOT fit First edition.
Warranty Details
Est. Install Time 3-4 hours
Installation Guides

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Sway bar endlinks have been an issue for many people with lift kits. Usually after a re-tighten the issue is resolved. The RC kit with the brackets to lower the connection to the sway bar were an issue early on but I think they improved them with a revision.

I doubt you would get in traction at the dealership in terms of warranty. They might re-tighten it for you as a good will gesture but they could also charge you to do it. A loose suspension component 2 years after installation of an aftermarket part doesn’t sound like a warranty issue. That sounds like the common finger pointing issue, where the dealer would blame RC and RC would blame the dealer.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
So for those who don't know, we have a 2021 badlands BS. Factory is 1.5" higher than a non-badlands and I had ford install the 1.5" RC kit at the dealership. The drivers side swaybar link is loose and starting to knock. 43,000km's on it, not sure if it's still under warranty. Anyone have any idea's? I'm guessing no but we bought it Jan 2022 so really it's only 2 years old.

As far as to whether the lift kit did anything, I'd say no on the lift kit, but I am curious if anyone else has had sway bar link issues, with or without a lift.

Thanks

(here's my you tube channel if you want to see it)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1VgkzBeJQyi6ODJmIVq9TA

Example;
Yes. I have an Outer Banks. 30 K miles now. Twice I have had to retighten the bolts that hold the sway bar in place. Next time I will replace the bolts with new. I too have the RC 1.5" lift. I agree that the small lift like that should not affect the sway bar.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes. I have an Outer Banks. 30 K miles now. Twice I have had to re-tighten the bolts that hold the sway bar in place. Next time I will replace the bolts with new. I too have the RC 1.5" lift. I agree that the small lift like that should not affect the sway bar.
Mine developed the same noise shortly after install. I had the hardware re-tightened and it lasted for about a year before returning again. I just haven't dealt with it lately. I have heard that replacement end links can be used with the rough country kit that solves the problem, but I haven't looked into it yet. I will ask the guys at 4WP when I take it in to be re-tightened to see what they think.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Mine developed the same noise shortly after install. I had the hardware re-tightened and it lasted for about a year before returning again. I just haven't dealt with it lately. I have heard that replacement end links can be used with the rough country kit that solves the problem, but I haven't looked into it yet. I will ask the guys at 4WP when I take it in to be re-tightened to see what they think.
If they come loose again before warranty expires I guess I will take it to the dealer. I have 6 moths or 6 K miles left on warranty.

Black Rob

Heritage
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I put the RTR lift on our sport a year ago. I haven’t had any issue with loose end links. They are supposed to be torqued to 80 foot pounds. The shops y’all used probably didn’t torque them properly.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, haven’t been back. It’s not loose, the upper link (ball and socket) are loose, not the nuts attaching it. Same as a tie rod end or ball joint gets play in it.

To follow up though, the wife took it in to the local ford dealership and after a quick look, ordered a new sway bar link. Don’t know if it’s under warranty, she didn’t ask. (Doesn’t matter, just curious if this is a thing or not)

Oh and for reference, I’m a retired tank mechanic of 36 years.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, the link was worn out as I suspected so Ford ordered a new one.

Parts came in, took it to the dealership, instead of 1hr it will be 2hr's...ok....
Turns out, RC sent two new sway bar links because they have improved the design.
NO CHARGE for the links, $120 or whatever it was to install both of them. Since then, working flawless again!!
(just posted my latest video too)

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So, the link was worn out as I suspected so Ford ordered a new one.

Parts came in, took it to the dealership, instead of 1hr it will be 2hr's...ok....
Turns out, RC sent two new sway bar links because they have improved the design.
NO CHARGE for the links, $120 or whatever it was to install both of them. Since then, working flawless again!!
(just posted my latest video too)
I might have to look into this. Mine was making noise again and I took it in and they tightened the strut nut down saying it had worked its way loose. They were able to reproduce a similar sound and eliminated it. I noticed it before while in full steering crank in reverse. I thought that was odd because they were two different sounds/feelings. A day or so later, I still hear the clunking although the other sound is gone from a full turn of the steering wheel. I likely have the older RC lift kit as I've had it for a long time.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I might have to look into this. Mine was making noise again and I took it in and they tightened the shock tower nut down saying it had worked its way loose. They were able to reproduce a similar sound and eliminated it. I noticed it before while in full steering crank in reverse. I thought that was odd because they were two different sounds/feelings. A day or so later, I still hear the clunking although the other sound is gone from a full turn of the steering wheel. I likely have the older RC lift kit as I've had it for a long time.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the pic of off road tires intended for me cursed bronco? If so, We have off road tires, just haven't put them back on yet. (snowing today, 6" down and still snowing for two more days!) Was a nice spring look to it here, lol!

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welllllll crap....Going home last night in a snow storm....
Just missed the guard rail and went off a bank, down a hill and ended up 100ft down in the woods. I made a whole video but the wife won't let me post it. Still too upset I wrecked "baby".

No air bags/broken glass/doors all open and close fine, just peeled the fender and tire back.
The doors all open and close fine, just the front. Don't know if it will be wrote off or they will fix it yet.

Ford Bronco Sport Sway bar link loose IMG_1484

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Welllllll crap....Going home last night in a snow storm....
Just missed the guard rail and went off a bank, down a hill and ended up 100ft down in the woods. I made a whole video but the wife won't let me post it. Still too upset I wrecked "baby".

No air bags/broken glass/doors all open and close fine, just peeled the fender and tire back.
The doors all open and close fine, just the front. Don't know if it will be wrote off or they will fix it yet.

Ford Bronco Sport Sway bar link loose IMG_1484
I hope both of you are ok and and always love your videos. Even if it isn't totaled, it seems like both parts and most of the repair shops take forever.
Sponsored