dieu

Big Bend
First Name
dieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was cleaning/waxing the roof of the Sport and started to clean around the sunroof, shield, weatherstripping, etc., and noticed the front sunroof weatherstrip looked worn and misshapen. This is especially prevalent with the sunroof open. When closed, although less noticeable, still appears to be warped and distended in the center. This vehicle is exactly one year old today and based on the wear and distortion of the seal, I am concerned this could become a bigger problem two-years from now. Have any of you examined the rubber weatherstrip on your Sport?

Ford Bronco Sport Sunroof Weatherstrip Seal Trim1

Ford Bronco Sport Sunroof Weatherstrip Seal Trim2

Ford Bronco Sport Sunroof Weatherstrip Seal Trim3
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i would warranty that asap.
as much as sunroofs are nice to have, they can be a pain as well.
good luck tho.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
i would warranty that asap.
as much as sunroofs are nice to have, they can be a pain as well.
good luck tho.
100% agreed. Plus, down the line, if something happened and it rained flooding the inside you can go back and say, "on XX date you all 'fixed' it and now the interior is damaged." Leaving the burden on Ford.

OP
OP

dieu

Big Bend
First Name
dieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Team: Thank you for your responses!

Hatter

Big Bend
First Name
SR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncho
I noticed a loud noise coming from the driver side of my sunroof about a month ago. My 2022 broncho is about 15 months old. I climbed on top today and noticed that the driver side seal seems to have a gap compared to the far edge of the passenger side. Your photos look similar to my broncho sport.

When I have the sunroof open and tap up and down on the wind deflector that springs up when the sunroof opens, it sounds just like the same noise I hear when driving the sport on the highway or at higher speeds around town.

What was the result when you reported the issue to your dealer?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I noticed a loud noise coming from the driver side of my sunroof about a month ago. My 2022 broncho is about 15 months old. I climbed on top today and noticed that the driver side seal seems to have a gap compared to the far edge of the passenger side. Your photos look similar to my broncho sport.

When I have the sunroof open and tap up and down on the wind deflector that springs up when the sunroof opens, it sounds just like the same noise I hear when driving the sport on the highway or at higher speeds around town.

What was the result when you reported the issue to your dealer?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored