Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I have a '23 Outer Banks (1.5L) coming next month. I already have an engine cover ordered for it. The question is whether a Steeda strut tower brace will fit a 1.5 engine with an engine cover installed
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i can't see why it wouldn't fit, strut towers seem to be in the same spot.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I have a '23 Outer Banks (1.5L) coming next month. I already have an engine cover ordered for it. The question is whether a Steeda strut tower brace will fit a 1.5 engine with an engine cover installed
If production has not even begun how do we know the engine cover will still be missing?

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
We don't! I bought one with my Ford Pass rewards points. If it comes with one, I'll sell the one I have on this forum. This way I'm sure I have one!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
If production has not even begun how do we know the engine cover will still be missing?
They stopped putting them on in early 22 on the 2.0’s and mid 21 on the 1.5’s. Same with many other items listed on another thread. Ford has actually stated the engine covers are no longer supplied. They were not so direct on some of the other parts.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
We don't! I bought one with my Ford Pass rewards points. If it comes with one, I'll sell the one I have on this forum. This way I'm sure I have one!
Ford has already publicly stated they are not including engine covers on the Bronco sport. Same holds true for folding rear headrests, digital temperature control knobs, LED starter button indicator, passenger side insulation panel, and a few others that I can’t remember. Oh, lighted cup holders for the OBX.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
They stopped putting them on in early 22 on the 2.0’s and mid 21 on the 1.5’s. Same with many other items listed on another thread. Ford has actually stated the engine covers are no longer supplied. They were not so direct on some of the other parts.
Thats the answer I was looking for.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I would think if there was any measurable upper chassis flex we’d be cracking windshields.
I am amazed at how solid, stiff, tight and stable my BOX STOCK Bronco sport feels.
From the few that have been crashed, rolled over down hills,
Fell off the semi’s I think it would be obvious that a simple bar across and right in front of the upper unibody cross over would be useless eye candy.
If there was flex to the point that bar would help we’d have weird wear on our door hinges and painted body parts would not stay aligned.
I call it a useless add on to get inside your wallet.
Hey it’s a free country and it does look cool.
We are able to voice our opinions in here right ? No one has to agree with mine.

Last edited:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I would think if there was any measurable upper chassis flex we’d be cracking windshields.
I am amazed at how solid, stiff, tight and stable my BOX STOCK Bronco sport feels.
From the few that have been crashed, rolled over down hills,
Fell off the semi’s I think it would be obvious that a simple bar across and right in front of the upper unibody cross over would be useless eye candy.
If there was flex to the point that bar would help we’d have weird wear on our door hinges and painted body parts would not stay aligned.
I call it a useless add on to get get inside your wallet.
Hey it’s a free country and it does look cool.
We are able to voice our opinions in here right ? No one has to agree with mine.
I thought I've read about delicate windshields breaking, sometimes for no apparent reason.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I thought I've read about delicate windshields breaking, sometimes for no apparent reason.
I haven’t seen anything in this forum so far.
If that was true every time we bounced down a trail we’d be breaking windshield’s.
IF this was true it would be a never ending thread like the ghostly engine covers that forever haunt us.
Yeah yeah I know I’m plugging Halloween a bit. :’)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I call it a useless add on to get get inside your wallet.
The primary benefit of these components is to prevent changes in suspension geometry under heavy cornering forces. In a suspension system utilizing Macpherson struts, the wheel and tire are held in alignment throughout the full span of suspension travel primarily by the strut's attachment to the unibody frame. During hard cornering, the attachment point is under extreme stress, which can result in flexing of the unibody. If the unibody flexes enough it can cause changes in suspension geometry. Unexpected changes in suspension geometry can change the direction the tire is pointed, which can result in undesirable handling qualities.

If you are a Bronco Sport owner concerned about handling qualities associated with unibody flexing under maximum cornering forces you have likely purchased the wrong vehicle.

Incidentally, this discussion highlights the danger of trimming away pinch welds in the interest of installing larger-diameter tires. These pinch welds connect different components of the unibody together, and eliminating or weakening them can reduce rigidity of the unibody, which will then flex more under load. I guess if you trim away your pinch welds you might try to make up for the loss in rigidity with a strut tower brace, but then you will have made yourself a suspension engineer doing real-world testing on a new design. No thanks.
Sponsored