Roma

Outer Banks
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I see a lot of posts about squeaking brakes. Our (purchased new) Bronco has the same issue. It is now happening ALL THE TIME. It is very loud and yet it does not seem to raise any alarm bells with the local dealer. We're going in again next week but it's difficult to get them to take it seriously and take any action that Ford hasn't directed them to take. We have had the pads replaced and that's about all they have offered.
Has anyone had any success in getting this issue corrected? Has anyone spoken to Ford directly? Frustrated!
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I see a lot of posts about squeaking brakes. Our (purchased new) Bronco has the same issue. It is now happening ALL THE TIME. It is very loud and yet it does not seem to raise any alarm bells with the local dealer. We're going in again next week but it's difficult to get them to take it seriously and take any action that Ford hasn't directed them to take. We have had the pads replaced and that's about all they have offered.
Has anyone had any success in getting this issue corrected? Has anyone spoken to Ford directly? Frustrated!
Take a copy of this in to your dealer.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/tsb-22-2326-moan-noise-in-the-rear-brakes-when-driven-in-reverse-in-cold-weather-or-high-humidity.7439/

OP
OP

Roma

Outer Banks
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Will do! Thanks.

KaitlynWill

Outer Banks
First Name
Kaitlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Since buying my 2021 bronco sport in October, I’ve spent more time at the ford dealership than I care to admit. The technicians seem to be completely incompetent and I’m beyond frustrated with their gaslighting and lies. All that to say, they FINALLY took me seriously and looked into my brake issue and said it was a “known issue” and they had to order a repair kit for it. They were supposed to get the kit in on Monday and call me, yet it’s Tuesday night and I haven’t heard a word from them. So yes, there IS something wrong, tell them to check the list of known issues. But it seems like every time I take my car into them, I bring it home with more problems than I started out with so I’m not exactly enthusiastic about them working on my brakes.

OP
OP

Roma

Outer Banks
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They do try to diminish your concerns. I called Ford directly and was told that they "are not technicians" that answer the calls and asked that I take the car to the dealer. It's a never-ending circle of nonsense. The dealer - who didn't know about the repair kit - is saying that it is on backorder. The dealer also told me that Ford has so many vehicles that they manufacture and I should understand that this is only one item on their list... So, we wait again.
Not a good look for a well-established company like Ford.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So yes, there IS something wrong, tell them to check the list of known issues.
Just in case you are worried, if the service department told you this is not a safety issue they weren't lying about that. The brakes function just fine for stopping the vehicle, they just make a lot of noise when doing so.
Sponsored