Speedometer Calibration With Larger / Bigger Tires?

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've seen this tossed around before on the boards, but haven't actually seen if anyone has had their speedometer re-calibrated after getting some bigger shoes.

If you've done it, would you mind explaining how that process went for you? Service dept out here closed on Sunday, so I'm hoping one of you can share some wisdom on whether or not it's a quick/easy fix. Thanks!
Sponsored

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
to recalibrate, it would have to be done at the dealer at this point.
Forscan has not cracked the BdyCM Central configuration yet, once they do, it can be DIY.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Forscan has not cracked the BdyCM Central configuration yet, once they do, it can be DIY.
I doubt they will let that get cracked for DIY. Basically it lets you alter the miles on the car you get a marked title.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt they will let that get cracked for DIY. Basically it lets you alter the miles on the car you get a marked title.
Well, it is a configurable option for other Ford models, and thus likely, but will be awhile

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

My dealer actually said they couldn’t do it, and referred me to a commercial spot.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can see where abuse of this setting could lead to fraud and thus not something Ford would admit to being able to do.

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
What about a separate module? When I increased tire size on my Taco, the Toyota Custom Shop installed a separate module to correct the speedometer.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
From 225 65R17 to my new 235 65R17 per calculators I found through google at exactly 60 mph on the 225 I’ll be doing 61.1 on the 235. I looked up the 245 65R17 and it was I think 61.7 mph..
Not enough to worry with.
These small increases won’t mess up suspension geometry or cause antilock braking timing problems.
And should not increase strain on the suspension or throw off transmission gear ratios enough to cause problems.
I’m only going up to 235 because I’ve got the 1.5L engine and I don’t want to give up any acceleration rates from a stop.
I think my small increase adds 4 pounds to each tire as it is.
So 4 pounds each tire x 4
16 pounds of additional rotational mass has the same effect on acceleration and deceleration as 32 pounds of static ( unsprung ) mass.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/yokohama-geolandar-a-t-g015.4229/post-72625

Last edited:

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Has anyone tried this with Forscan 2.4.4 beta?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
From 225 65R17 to my new 235 65R17 per calculators I found through google at exactly 60 mph on the 225 I’ll be doing 61.1 on the 235. I looked up the 245 65R17 and it was I think 61.7 mph..
Not enough to worry with.
These small increases won’t mess up suspension geometry or cause antilock braking timing problems.
And should not increase strain on the suspension or throw off transmission gear ratios enough to cause problems.
I’m only going up to 235 because I’ve got the 1.5L engine and I don’t want to give up any acceleration rates from a stop.
I think my small increase adds 4 pounds to each tire as it is.
So 4 pounds each tire x 4
16 pounds of additional rotational mass has the same effect on acceleration and deceleration as 32 pounds of static ( unsprung ) mass.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/yokohama-geolandar-a-t-g015.4229/post-72625
Have you thought about teaching math, physics or engineering? :crackup: :crackup::clap: