Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,

If one were to carry a set of spare fuses on the bronco sport, what would they be? I've read in the manual the fuse layout and types - but it's hard to figure out what would be a basic set of fuses (sizes and type) that would be good to have on board for any blown-fuse situations. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

Benny
Sponsored

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,

If one were to carry a set of spare fuses on the bronco sport, what would they be? I've read in the manual the fuse layout and types - but it's hard to figure out what would be a basic set of fuses (sizes and type) that would be good to have on board for any blown-fuse situations. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

Benny
There are mini, 5, 10, 20, 30...

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I would grab a variety pack 5’s 10’s 15’s 20’s 25’s and 30’s

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Some vehicles have spare fuses already located in the fuse box. I can't verify this, but the owner's manual lists a bunch of spare locations. You might check to see if these are indeed spare fuses:

Owners Manual Fuses

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Be careful about replacing fuses. The car's engineers determined the maximum safe amperage for each electrical circuit in the car and set the fuse ratings accordingly. A fuse blows when amperage higher than the fuse's rating flows through the circuit it's protecting. Replacing a blown fuse without knowing what caused it to blow can potentially damage the circuit, wiring, relay(s), and/or component(s) that fuse is protecting. This is especially true if you use a higher amperage fuse, i.e. replacing a 5a fuse with a 10a fuse.

You can safely replace a fuse if you know why it blew. For example, if you plug something in to a power port and the fuse controlling that power port blows then you can assume the device you plugged in is either defective or draws more current than the fuse can handle. In that situation replace the fuse and test the power port with a device that draws less amperage. If the fuse holds then test the component that caused the fuse to blow. IIRC, the power ports in the Bronco Sport will handle up to 20 amps.

The only other time I would replace a fuse is in an emergency.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Which Auxiliary Power Fuse controls which Aux Pwr Point(s)?
Manual lists 3 separate fuses.
Ford Bronco Sport Spare Fuses BS Manual pp.266 Fuses

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you can't find the data anywhere you can plug something in to a power outlet, then start pulling fuses.
Sponsored

Last edited: