Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
So on Thursday, I got the message that my BS OB was at my dealer. I texted my salesman, he was working that day due to an family emergency. He told me we could go to dealer in the afternoon to inspect it and test drive it, since my wife had to work all day Friday & Saturday. We got there later and inspected and test drove it. We were both very happy with. Friday morning my wife went to work and I headed in to the dealer. When I got there, it was sitting out in front and now all cleaned up and put together. After a few minutes I went into the finance office while my salesman took it to service to mount the front plate holder. (Ohio no longer requires front plates on non-commercial vehicles, but I have a front plate for ID for the volunteer safety group I belong to.) When I came out of the finance office, my salesman told me that another salesman asked him. " Hey what are you doing with the red Otter Banks?" Apparently he did not notice the green border on the window sticker, just that an OB with OB package, 360 plus, and tow package was on the lot. He had already called a customer, who was on the way in to look at it.

Ford Bronco Sport Some Interesting Things Happened When I Picked Up My BS 20210514_095731
Sponsored

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
@Dustymedic... LOL... I recognize the dealership, (DM). We bought my wife's 2019 Escape there and recently were looking at the Rapid Red ranger they have. We ultimately purchased her ranger at another dealership. Allen was my salesman.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Lol, I'm sure similar stories happened all over the country with those of us that pre-ordered. My salesman was beating them off with a stick before I got to the dealership. He finally had to put a sign in the windshield that had my name on it and RESERVED in red across the bottom, and then had to lock the doors after catching another rep trying to remove the sign. He had both sets of keys on him when I showed up along with harrowing tales from the day.

But at the end of it all I'm the only one that got MY Badlands I made back in Sep 2020

medhat

Badlands
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
This makes me believe my paranoia with my BS was not unwarranted. Until the vehicle was off the dealer lot and into my garage I was nervous the entire time. I had a situation come up where I asked them to hold the car an additional week (they were great and said "no prob"), but it was a nervous week for me.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Any special ordered BS sitting on the lots are in danger of being sold. So when it comes in better get there and get it ASAP.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Any special ordered BS sitting on the lots are in danger of being sold. So when it comes in better get there and get it ASAP.
My thought exactly. I was afraid mine would get sold so I watched it via web cam after the truck dropped it off and it waited for a freight boat. It sat for two days then was gone. I found it in the ferry parking lot on our side of the pond. I then started checking the dealer and happened to catch it being driven onto the lot and told them it was MINE :) and emailed my salesperson.

OP
OP
Dustymedic

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
If I had stayed with my original build date (but who does?) It would have come while we were on vacation. In a way i was kind of glad when it got pushed back...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If I had stayed with my original build date (but who does?) It would have come while we were on vacation. In a way i was kind of glad when it got pushed back...
Mine might come when I am on vacation and if so I will be coming back home to pick it up. I am not letting it sit at that dealer not even one day nope....

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mine might come when I am on vacation and if so I will be coming back home to pick it up. I am not letting it sit at that dealer not even one day nope....
I get the fears, these are hot. I would HOPE your dealer is reputable and trustworthy enough to simply tag it. Mine when I took one from stock, the minute it rolled off the truck, he grabbed both keys and put them in his desk after parking it in the employee lot. He wasn't screwing around. He said you tagged it you buy it

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
No dealer in the Pittsburgh area would let me drive reserved vehicles. Some let you look inside just to get a feel. Took me two weeks in Oct in a 50 mi radius to find a canceled order I could drive (and it was a BL even though I knew I wanted an OB) but I had to go see what it was like to sit inside it before I ordered.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
That is my main concern and whyI am going to not only track my vehicle but also contact the manager when it arrives. Being an Alto Blue fully loaded BL+PP with tow and 360+ I am sure there will be sales guys trying to let customers into it Or letting them drive it. If I have to take off work the day it arrives I will.
Sponsored