Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
So I've had the vehicle since May and have had a on going issue with this feature. When out and about, listening to the Sirius all is fine. Stop and turn off engine for a minute or so and I can't get the channel to work? AM/FM works OK. Turn off the engine again and give it 5 minutes and it works...Had it in to Ford delaer and they did update, didn't work, did a reset, didn't work, replaced the module, didn't work...Ford is stumped. They think it is a soft ware issue and will explore it. I did took a video of the issue at their request so Ford HQ can review. Anyone having this issue? BTW, not a Sirius issue.
Sponsored

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
So I've had the vehicle since May and have had a on going issue with this feature. When out and about, listening to the Sirius all is fine. Stop and turn off engine for a minute or so and I can't get the channel to work? AM/FM works OK. Turn off the engine again and give it 5 minutes and it works...Had it in to Ford delaer and they did update, didn't work, did a reset, didn't work, replaced the module, didn't work...Ford is stumped. They think it is a soft ware issue and will explore it. I did took a video of the issue at their request so Ford HQ can review. Anyone having this issue? BTW, not a Sirius issue.
My problem is the opposite. Phone plugged in, restart, and the stupid radio (wish it didn't have it to be honest - commercial radio has not gotten better!) will start up without prompting. Really irritating. It is almost a pity that so much of the car operates through that head unit or I would seriously think about looking aftermarket for a good one. Oh well. Add it to the list of glitches!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
All of the 2021 models run sync 3.
All of the Bronco Sports run Sync3, anyhow, but not all Ford 2021s.

But I mean what version is it? It's 3.4.something. It could be 3.4.20021 or 3.4.21020 or 3.4.21098 or something else. If you go into the settings you can find the software versions.

OP
OP
Leeford

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
All of the Bronco Sports run Sync3, anyhow, but not all Ford 2021s.

But I mean what version is it? It's 3.4.something. It could be 3.4.20021 or 3.4.21020 or 3.4.21098 or something else. If you go into the settings you can find the software versions.
The dealer updated it two weeks ago, and even replaced the hardware (not quite sure but they had to do but it was a 4 hour appointment). Ford told them that this is being investigate at their end.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
OK. Well. I guess take them at their word.

I had the same issue, and I took it to Ford. They said they checked it and everything was up to date even though I walked in with a service bulletin, from Ford, explaining the issue to them that the vehicle needed an update to the APIM. I drove it home and ended up fixing it by actually applying an update instead of just listening to the dealer. But there's not much point in exploring if your issue is the same or not or how to go about getting and installing the update. I guess let Ford investigate.

In the meantime, whenever it does that, hold down power and fast forward together until the system reboots. That'll get your audio back until it does it again.

OP
OP
Leeford

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
OK. Well. I guess take them at their word.

I had the same issue, and I took it to Ford. They said they checked it and everything was up to date even though I walked in with a service bulletin, from Ford, explaining the issue to them that the vehicle needed an update to the APIM. I drove it home and ended up fixing it by actually applying an update instead of just listening to the dealer. But there's not much point in exploring if your issue is the same or not or how to go about getting and installing the update. I guess let Ford investigate.

In the meantime, whenever it does that, hold down power and fast forward together until the system reboots. That'll get your audio back until it does it again.
thanks

OP
OP
Leeford

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Since I've got you on the line, when I go to my BS and stand by it and unlock the doors via fob or key pad, a clicking clacking sounds comes from the drivers side firewall. It's not eh sound of the door unlocking. Very distinct difference. It sounds like the BS is coming to life...do you have this? Also, after it is turned off, a while later other similar sounds can be heard...and then it sleeps.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I have the same issue with XM. Doesn’t bother me because I won’t be continuing it after the free trial. I really love the Outlaw Country station though, Elizabeth Cook is my new crush…

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My problem is the opposite. Phone plugged in, restart, and the stupid radio (wish it didn't have it to be honest - commercial radio has not gotten better!) will start up without prompting. Really irritating. It is almost a pity that so much of the car operates through that head unit or I would seriously think about looking aftermarket for a good one. Oh well. Add it to the list of glitches!
So does mine, but so does my 21 year old car with it's AM/FM radio and in fact, every car I've ever owned does that. Leave the radio on when you turn off the ignition and it'll come on when you start up next time.

It isn't a glitch to me, it's what I want it to do.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
So does mine, but so does my 21 year old car with it's AM/FM radio and in fact, every car I've ever owned does that. Leave the radio on when you turn off the ignition and it'll come on when you start up next time.

It isn't a glitch to me, it's what I want it to do.
Not what I am referring to. I would be happy if it did that ?. I am referring to it starting randomly. I don’t use the radio, and having it randomly turn on is a glitch.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have the same issue with my Bronco Sport. My new Mustang also runs Sync 3 but I'm not having the same issue with the Mustang.
Sponsored