PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My BL and I towed the boat to the lake and back this weekend. It did awesome! We also hooked it up to the camper to see how it would ride... not bad!
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210919_191607197
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210918_161901927
It was full of water, so way heavier than the dry weight of about 1800 lbs.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My BL and I towed the boat to the lake and back this weekend. It did awesome! We also hooked it up to the camper to see how it would ride... not bad!
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210919_191607197
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210918_161901927
Still under the 2200 max. How did it drive? Were there any hills on your trip?? I am actually looking at a camper at that exact dry weight.

Vinnie

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
First time installing and driving with this set up on the BS. Our BL came with the factory installed tow hitch. The motorcycle rack and motorcycle weigh about 275 pounds and when set up there was no sag in the rear and it drove normally, now that its the start of Red Tag Season, I will use this set up every week end through May.
The only thing thats more fun that our BL is my KTM 300 XC TPI

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport IMG_8556

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport IMG_8557

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport IMG_8558

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport IMG_8559

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
18ft skiff with aluminum trailer pulled by the 1.5 turbo. Pulls it with ease. Little harder push on brake pedal to stop.
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport DA5B1985-BF23-4434-97A1-8394081090AE

BigD

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi Folks

I'm considering buying a light weight under 16 feet trailer...teardrop, pop up, cricket or something similiar.Can you show me what you got? Any recommendations? How has the ride and hook up been?
I’ll straight up tell you. I pull a 14’ and 16’ trailer with my BS Badlands. It has no trouble. Remember though, be safe and leave plenty of room for stopping. I carry a 2019 Polaris Ranger on the trailers and have plenty of Horses.

Steve8583

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Nothing fancy, just my trusty 5x10 enclosed to take my motorcycle with me to Florida in winter and across the country in summer.
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport 7FB11B45-5A23-495E-87A2-441782E485DA
Can I ask how it pulled the trailer? I have a 6x10 and with a street glide in it, it sure didn’t like to pull it, fine on flat ground ofcourse, and I have the 2.0

Steve8583

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
How did it pull?

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
How did it pull?
Pulled great! The only issue had to do with the trailer lights wiring. They have a short in them, so when plugged in to the BS it kept flashing the warning "connected"/"disconnected", so, make sure your wiring is good! Otherwise, it did awesome, and I'm not an expert at towing...

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Pulled great! The only issue had to do with the trailer lights wiring. They have a short in them, so when plugged in to the BS it kept flashing the warning "connected"/"disconnected", so, make sure your wiring is good! Otherwise, it did awesome, and I'm not an expert at towing...
Pucker factor is even more severe when this happens mid-turn, on a trailer with electric brakes. Thankfully no one was injured, but my 24' (GMC 2500HD 4x4 long-bed) truck got pushed through the intersection like it wasn't even braking at all. Ballpark 8k lbs GTW.

When you next have a chance, put the trailer up on jackstands, and chase all of the wiring. Never know when those tail-lights working (or brakes, in the case of heavier trailers) might save your butt.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Can I ask how it pulled the trailer? I have a 6x10 and with a street glide in it, it sure didn’t like to pull it, fine on flat ground ofcourse, and I have the 2.0
My trailer + bike is about 1700 pounds. I have the 1.5L and drive conservatively to avoid issues. Also note that hp ratings on Ecoboost engines are based on using premium fuel, so I use that to get best performance when towing longer distances.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Pucker factor is even more severe when this happens mid-turn, on a trailer with electric brakes. Thankfully no one was injured, but my 24' (GMC 2500HD 4x4 long-bed) truck got pushed through the intersection like it wasn't even braking at all. Ballpark 8k lbs GTW.

When you next have a chance, put the trailer up on jackstands, and chase all of the wiring. Never know when those tail-lights working (or brakes, in the case of heavier trailers) might save your butt.
Definitely sounds like a scary experience! Our boat trailer is older, and we will be fixing the lights. Fortunately I had zero issues, and we weren't driving a very long distance that trip.
Sponsored