Should you wait to drive in Sport Mode?

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Oh I’m sure mine does too, I just have a ”predrive“ routine where disabling the auto shutoff is the first thing I do.
So do I.

For the record, I first drove mine in Sport mode with 53 miles on the Odometer during a test drive just prior to purchase. I wanted to see what the acceleration was like but held it down to 5,000 RPM.
Sponsored

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I recently did some backroads country driving in sport mode - I only have 600 miles on my FE at this point. Let me tell you, it was a LOT of fun winding through farmland and up and down hills. The wife wasn't as enthusiastic but I had a great time :rockon::cool::crackup:

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Don't be surprised....this bronco gets up quick. I'd say if you are sensible about it, running a little higher isn't bad for it, just don't drag race cold off the line for a while/ever. I'm starting to tinker with the different modes.
Conversely, I drive in ECO a fair amount at mid to higher speeds for mpg but I can barely get up the hill from my driveway when starting cold without really putting my foot in it to get the rpms up. Just tinker and find what suits you, it’s smarter than we are most likely.
Sponsored