Should of got a bigger basket

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Ford Bronco Sport Should of got a bigger basket IMG_3206

Absolutely beautiful day in the San Bernardino mtns today. I did a good 20 miles mtn bike ride and then took my BS first time on the dirt. This dirt road parallel the single track trail I just rode. The condition of the road is too good so 4wd probably is not necessary. I've seen this in bad shape in the spring time.

and why a bigger basket??? yeah, I got this 25 yrs old Yakima basket mounted on top pretty much cover 3/4 of my roof (excluding the moon roof). Driving along and I heard this big loud bang!!! like a rock slide hitting my car's roof. I can hear whatever hit it rolled on top of the roof. I stopped and climbed up and look.....BIG O pine cone!!! Was the squirrels playing basketball with my roof basket?? well, you MISSED! and now i have a little scratch on top o_O . I can only laugh. for a moment it was scary but then it was just funny.

Ford Bronco Sport Should of got a bigger basket BSridingSkyline1

hm..what was I thinking stopped under a tree to take a picture??!!!

Although the road is in good enough condition a regular sedan can get through, but the car felt like at home.

Ford Bronco Sport Should of got a bigger basket 1664761688605
Sponsored

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI had three dings. Hood, roof, and hatch spoiler from fall acorns. The sound when they hit makes you jump.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7

Absolutely beautiful day in the San Bernardino mtns today. I did a good 20 miles mtn bike ride and then took my BS first time on the dirt. This dirt road parallel the single track trail I just rode. The condition of the road is too good so 4wd probably is not necessary. I've seen this in bad shape in the spring time.

and why a bigger basket??? yeah, I got this 25 yrs old Yakima basket mounted on top pretty much cover 3/4 of my roof (excluding the moon roof). Driving along and I heard this big loud bang!!! like a rock slide hitting my car's roof. I can hear whatever hit it rolled on top of the roof. I stopped and climbed up and look.....BIG O pine cone!!! Was the squirrels playing basketball with my roof basket?? well, you MISSED! and now i have a little scratch on top o_O . I can only laugh. for a moment it was scary but then it was just funny.

Although the road is in good enough condition a regular sedan can get through, but the car felt like at home.

Love this. Looks like a perfect "stop and smell the roses" kind of day.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
We have the same issues this time of year with Walnuts. They make a thud for sure.

Nice pictures!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Great pics!! Love the San Bernardino mtns… did a hike to the Bridge to Nowhere there. Gonna take a wild guess.. is that a Specialized Turbo Levo Mtn bike?

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Great pics!! Love the San Bernardino mtns… did a hike to the Bridge to Nowhere there. Gonna take a wild guess.. is that a Specialized Turbo Levo Mtn bike?
The Bridge to nowhere is in the San Gabriel mtns. This is further east… and yes, I got a Levo SL for a year now. I’ve been Mtn biking for many years now. I have to say I like the extra travel on the suspension and ease of climbing. But the regular Levo is just too heavy. Feels like I’m riding a Kawasaki.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The Bridge to nowhere is in the San Gabriel mtns. This is further east… and yes, I got a Levo SL for a year now. I’ve been Mtn biking for many years now. I have to say I like the extra travel on the suspension and ease of climbing. But the regular Levo is just too heavy. Feels like I’m riding a Kawasaki.
Ahhh right San Gabriel now I remember.

Specialized makes great bikes!! You are right about the Levo weight and the Levo SL is a nice model too.

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Ahhh right San Gabriel now I remember.

Specialized makes great bikes!! You are right about the Levo weight and the Levo SL is a nice model too.
I almost feel like the SL is like a BS and the Levo is a Bronco. I'm no off-roader but what I see is very much like mountain biking. we look for challenging trails o ride for fun. we also enjoy our long scenic rides even without the technical challenges. The BS is really better on pavement but capable on dirt/rock. With a little skill it will get you through some tough stuff. Just enjoy the outdoor....pack out whatever you packed in.
Sponsored