ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Topping CR‘s list in terms of Blue Oval vehicles is the Ford Bronco Sport, which was a highly coveted model prior to the onset of the chip shortage. Currently, Bronco Sport models are selling for 15 percent over MSRP on average – $32,575 versus $28,320, a difference of $4,255. It’s followed by the Ford EcoSport, which has an average transaction price of $24,622 versus an average MSRP of $21,590 – a difference of $3,032, or 14 percent.
Read Full Article
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Transaction price vs MSRP
Are you sure this is not click bait ?

I would think vehicle price(MSRP) + tax + destination fee +dealer paperwork fee+ maybe extra warranty = transaction price.

If you buy a vehicle at MSRP and swipe a credit card for it . You expecting the credit card transaction to be MSRP or MSRP + tax and fees ?

or am I not understanding this ?

Gabe600

Big Bend
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Transaction price vs MSRP
Are you sure this is not click bait ?

I would think vehicle price(MSRP) + tax + destination fee +dealer paperwork fee+ maybe extra warranty = transaction price.

If you buy a vehicle at MSRP and swipe a credit card for it . You expecting the credit card transaction to be MSRP or MSRP + tax and fees ?

or am I not understanding this ?
Dealerships are adding these insane fees to "make up for the lack of inventory incoming due to the chip shortage". I think we all know this really means that they know these are hot cars that people want and that they can price gouge. The first dealership I went to tried to sell me a BB for $42,000 and then tried selling an FE for like $61,000. The MSRP is one price, and then the dealerships add their "car sales greed tax"

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Dealerships are adding these insane fees to "make up for the lack of inventory incoming due to the chip shortage". I think we all know this really means that they know these are hot cars that people want and that they can price gouge. The first dealership I went to tried to sell me a BB for $42,000 and then tried selling an FE for like $61,000. The MSRP is one price, and then the dealerships add their "car sales greed tax"
When I lived in the DC area dealerships there were always doing their worst. I learned every dirty trick in the book by shopping for cars there. It's heartwarming to see nothing has changed in the last 30 years.

My all time favorite was being told: "the used car manager accidentally took your truck home for the weekend". The truck magically re-appeared when I picked up the phone and dialed 911 and told the police the truck had been stolen from the dealership.

A close friend special ordered a Ford Ranger, put down his deposit and waited 12 weeks for it to show up. Turns out the GM didn't like the way he ordered it and added a few options that drove the price up thousands. When my friend complained he was told that's too bad for you, we can sell it now and make more money.

Then there was Scotchgard, glass etching, undercoating, paint protection, pinstriping, etc all added to the vehicles. Oh, the good ole days...

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
A close friend special ordered a Ford Ranger, put down his deposit and waited 12 weeks for it to show up. Turns out the GM didn't like the way he ordered it and added a few options that drove the price up thousands. When my friend complained he was told that's too bad for you, we can sell it now and make more money.

Then there was Scotchgard, glass etching, undercoating, paint protection, pinstriping, etc all added to the vehicles. Oh, the good ole days...
I speculated about that a while back too basically saying that those who ordered at MSRP, which is crazy on itself, have little to no recourse. Not happy about "extras" - they'll be glad to let you walk away and sell it for thousands over MSRP. Koons dealers are the worst over MSRP offenders in DC metro area.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
supply and demand

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Koons dealers are the worst over MSRP offenders in DC metro area.
For sure. Big time dealer crooks price gouging all they can.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Whoa thats madness.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Even at MSRP these Bronco Sports are overpriced. Paying over MSRP you will be looking at very serious depreciation once they start pumping out 200,000+ units a year probably late '22 or so. They will be sitting on dealer lots, be in every neighborhood, every parking lot. They will be as common as an Escape is now. Competition will also try to get in on the mini off road SUV market as well. At that point Ford will need big rebates to move units. And older units will drop in value accordingly.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
The first vehicles I noticed this trend were Bullitt Mustangs. Now Ford GTs and any special edition ‘Stangs sell for way over sticker. My question is the legality, the dealer is obviously pocketing the money not Ford. I know of a 2021 GT500 that sold for $100K cash, did the employees get some profit sharing, I think not.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Even at MSRP these Bronco Sports are overpriced. Paying over MSRP you will be looking at very serious depreciation once they start pumping out 200,000+ units a year probably late '22 or so. They will be sitting on dealer lots, be in every neighborhood, every parking lot. They will be as common as an Escape is now. Competition will also try to get in on the mini off road SUV market as well. At that point Ford will need big rebates to move units. And older units will drop in value accordingly.
Yep, fully agree on all points.

GrabGames

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Here in Michigan, I am in what is called Ford Country. Being 5 minutes from the Ford World Headquarters, Bronco Sports are seen in lines at all of the local Ford dealers. I haven't stopped to pay attention to what trim levels they are I would assume they are base models. I have only seen BB and Base models in local inventories.

I was fortunate enough to get mine from a dealer that did not mark it up by thousands. Glad I was able to just get one that wasn't base honestly.
Sponsored