Security System Alert-Shock Detected to the Vehicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi! I'm new here and I tried to search this but couldn't find anything similar. If I missed it, please let me know.

Yesterday, my (new to me) 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands was parked in a parking garage for majority of the day. It was parked close to the first level of the garage, about halfway up the ramp, and backed into a space so the back end was facing an outside wall. About an hour and half after I parked, I received notification through FordPass that the "security system has detected shock to the vehicle and triggered the alarm". I didn't see the alert for 45 minutes and by the time I went to check it, the alarm was off but when I opened the door, it honked. Nothing was disturbed around the vehicle, it was still locked and it hadn't been hit. I relocked it and left. Then about an hour and half later, I get the same alert on FordPass. I made it outside in time to hear the alarm going off but it had stopped by the time I got over to it but the lights were still flashing. Same thing, there was nothing disturbed around the vehicle, it didn't look like it had been touched. I checked under it and it didn't look like anything was disturbed under there. I moved it to a different lower spot in the garage closer to the entrance (backed in again but this time the back end was facing an inside wall). After I moved it, it didn't got off the rest of the day. It drove fine when I left and the rest of the day, there were no alerts on the dash or in FordPass.

I talked to my salesman yesterday and they seem to think it may have been the vibrations of the parking garage flexing when cars were going up and down or the wind rocking it (it was pretty windy yesterday where I am) and they mentioned they'd had a small earth quake before and it set off car alarms on their lot. Another dealer closer to me gave the same theory about the vibrations setting it off because they do have sensors on the outside. Other friends gave the theory that someone with a loud exhaust drove by each time it went off and where parking garages can amplify the sound and vibrations from some exhaust, that it could have set the alarm off.

I wanted to post here and see if anyone had experienced anything similar? I just bought this vehicle a couple of weeks ago and I've never had a vehicle with this much tech on it. I LOVE it but if I can't park it in a parking garage because its that sensitive, that's going to become annoying since parking garages are everywhere and I do sometimes have to park in this particular one. This is the first time the alarms gone off and that I've gotten the FordPass alert. The only thing different was where it was parked.
Sponsored

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
I’ve had this happen with my F250. It was a moth in the interior that set off the motion sensor. I’ve also had it happen when there are heavy vibrations.

When idiots at the Cape launch rockets to the southeast or northeast the same thing would happen. These shots would rattle everything in the house and set of the truck alarm.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
I love Gary Larson. But you got it right. My neighbor works for NASA. Yesterday he could not spell engineer now he are one.

I watched this guy run a wire for a doorbell. He he free aired the wire and then stapled it to the outside of his house.

He’s a really junior atomic rocket scientist.

A lot of these guys couldn’t separate the checks of their ass with both hands with out an instruction manual.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
A lot of these guys couldn’t separate the checks of their ass with both hands with out an instruction manual.
We don’t need no stinkin’ manuals we gots YouTube videos now… and as an engineer I’ve worked on NASA programs and various satellite programs. But you do make some good points lol!
Sponsored