Searching for some light offroading, new to the DMV area!

Gunther706

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi everybody! Despite delays, I've gotten my BS Badlands and I'm ready to take it on some trails that are a little tougher than dirt roads. Could anyone recommend some good trails within about 4 hours of the DC area? Obviously its the BS so I'm not looking for rock crawling or very difficult trails, just some good sight seeing I wouldn't have gotten to in my Fusion :D
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hi everybody! Despite delays, I've gotten my BS Badlands and I'm ready to take it on some trails that are a little tougher than dirt roads. Could anyone recommend some good trails within about 4 hours of the DC area? Obviously its the BS so I'm not looking for rock crawling or very difficult trails, just some good sight seeing I wouldn't have gotten to in my Fusion :D
Don’t know any but I did grow up inside the beltway...McLean,,,,miss that area.
This might be a good site to check

https://www.ourismancdjalexandria.com/blogs/2453/best-places-to-go-off-roading-near-alexandria-va/

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
I'm local to the area as well. A few redneck friends with 45"+ boggers on their lifted trucks, who live in Fredericksburg area, have mentioned Big Levels out towards Staunton. I'll check with some other contacts, there should be options in WV. The DMV area is not well suited for this type of activity.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Look up Long Run Rd. just west of Harrisonburg Va. My brother and I did it in his stock Subaru Forester, last year. There are side trails that are more difficult and we did a couple of the less difficult of those. Long Run can be accessed from the north as well by going through the town(?) of Fulk Run and then taking rt 818 to the NW.

I can give you more complete directions, if and when you need them, We are going back Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I'm in the area too and looking for routes also! One I have found in my research that's the only one in my to-do list so far is Peters Mill Run, over West in George Washington National Forest - George Washington & Jefferson National Forests - Peters Mill Run/Taskers Gap OHV System (usda.gov) .
Followed the Link and found out Portions of Long Run Road are temp. closed for construction and repair. Damn! By brother and I are headed up there in a few days! Additional link says to check back on Tuesdays for updated info. We were up there a few months ago and ran into the Power company surveyors, then. Looks to be closed to just past the intersection with Second Mtn trail, thereby cutting off access to Dictum trail, which we thought we might try this time.
Sponsored