Haukyfn

Big Bend
First Name
Karole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was driving the other night and all of a sudden the music was gone and the touch screen was black. I parked the BS, shut if off, waited a couple minutes before I turned it back on and everything was still dark and silent. Obviously there was no visual from the back up camera, either. Went into the store I was at and returned to car after about 30 minutes, turned it on and everything was fine and back to normal. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I was driving the other night and all of a sudden the music was gone and the touch screen was black. I parked the BS, shut if off, waited a couple minutes before I turned it back on and everything was still dark and silent. Obviously there was no visual from the back up camera, either. Went into the store I was at and returned to car after about 30 minutes, turned it on and everything was fine and back to normal. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Yes - in middle of a 3 day 2000 mile trip. Restarted car and screen came up. No problems since. Buried in forum there are other discussions of screen not coming up. Typical solution seems to be reboot screen.

MysticTheta117

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I maybe a little late to this but when it has happened to me I press the display button twice then tap the screen and that has fixed it.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I've had this happen twice, I bet if you check your recent update it would be that time. Screen shuts off after download and will reboot once finished. You can avoid this by shutting off automatic updates.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
What Ben said. Probably an update

FoMoCo say:

Verify that you have the latest SYNC version.
  1. Have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available.
  2. Go to the Update your SYNC System page.
  3. Enter your VIN.
  4. Click on Check for updates to confirm the status of your SYNC software.
Perform a key cycle.
  1. Turn the vehicle off. The vehicle's engine should not be running, and the vehicle should not be in accessory mode. Note: Many newer vehicles will keep the radio on, even when the car is turned off until a door is opened.
  2. Open the driver’s door and lock the door.
  3. Close the driver’s door.
  4. Wait two minutes and ensure the radio display turns off.
  5. Restart the vehicle.
Perform a soft reset.
  1. Select Radio.
  2. Hold the Power button (center of the volume knob) + the Right-Seek button at the same time for approximately five seconds.
  3. The display will indicate when the module is resetting. You may then release the buttons.

extreme temperatures can get at the LCD screens and the modules too. The better you can control the environment your vehicle is in, the better off your electronics will be.

so far I’ve been really impressed with the Sync 3. No issues yet for us
Sponsored