ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi everyone! I went to my Ford dealership a few weeks ago to buy out my lease for my Ford Edge. This car is nice, it‘s practical and I could finish paying it off in a few short years and be done with a car payment for a while. When I arrived I was “only browsing” the showroom for fun while I waited to be helped. An hour later I had the papers signed for my Bronco Sport Badlands ? I do not have the car yet, probably won’t arrive until end of June/beginning of July by our estimates.

Currently living in NY and looking forward to taking my Badlands on the beach this summer.
Sponsored

A51_badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi Everyone!

My name is Trisha and I just recently received my BL + BL Package Bronco Sport last week. I’ve never been a member of a forum before, so I’m a newbie to this! So far, I’m loving the car and the Area 51 color is even better in person. I highly recommend it to anyone who’s on the fence about it for their order! I’m excited to be apart of this community and here’s some photos of her!
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 36470691-1B0F-407B-95CE-F92201C3BC96
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 4F6FCECD-F623-47FE-BBEF-2D14AA5DB59B

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Hey I'm Mike. Been lurking on the site for the last few months as we look to replace my wife's 2001 Ford Escape. It was her first car and she's had it since new. It only has 50,000 miles. She generally hates how generic crossovers have become so the timing on the Sport's release has pretty much been perfect. We have a tiny garage so we need to replace it with something basically the same size. Considering the sport and some used lux suvs (q3, glb250, xc40) but we'll almost certainly end up with a badlands. Its the modern iteration of her escape and she's very fond of it. She doesn't enjoy my vw so I don't think she's going to enjoy the other 3. Look forward to getting her into something a little but more modern, and maybe getting it off road a bit.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_2667

Onefortheroad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Motherhood (and marriage) is a form of insanity that can make you forget who you were in your previous life. So when I recently started shopping for a car I looked at safe, ubiquitous, ugly and average suvs that supposedly fit my demographic. My kid is in his final year of college, my husband is gone, and yet I still could not escape the idea of what I “should” buy. I didn’t even WANT anything I test drove. Ascent, Atlas, Acadia. They are all fine. Safe. Nice. But it made car shopping even more depressing for me. The baby-faced 21 year old VW product expert told me the Atlas was a top family vehicle. Eeeew! Sadly, he knew less about the car than I did. It was cringeworthy. Yes, I am blonde and hovering close to 50, but only a sense of compassion kept me from mopping the floor with him AND his manager. The 1950’s style sales tactics that were pressed on me were both irritating and amusing. I left thinking it would be less painful to sink another few thousand into my 2004 Cadillac just to delay more car shopping. There was only ONE car I had seen online that I even liked. It fit NONE of my top criteria. The Bronco Sport. I tried to ignore it! It was not big enough. No crash test results. A freaking sub-compact when I actually like driving a heavy, high seated vehicle. And it wasn’t a car built for me. It was too cool! Too much fun. Too sporty. Too creative. But I read every review, watched all the videos on youtube and finally sent a text to the dealer for a test drive. I was immediately offered a 96 hour test drive by the manager. Both the manager and the salesperson treated me as if I had a brain beneath my used to be younger blonde head. Within 15 minutes I drove off the lot with a Cactus Gray OB with OB package and an awning on the roof rack. I paired my phone, opened the sun roof, turned up the volume on my playlist and smiled for the next 20 miles. I hadn’t had so much fun driving since my Sporty Saab with a manual shift and bucket seats. For the first time since my mid twenties, I remembered who I was in that previous premarried life. Yeah. Used to be all the things this car reminded me of. I returned it today. I didn’t want to but it was sold already. I was told I could order one and expect it within 16 weeks or less. The salesperson mentioned that a custom order had come in but the person decided on a base model instead. He thought it was a BB with a BB package and sunroof but he would have to check to be sure. He thought it was area 51 color. As I was pulling into my driveway the text came with the window sticker. BB with BB package, sunroof and all. And my favorite color, Cactus Gray. I put down a deposit to hold it. Applying for financing tomorrow.

Onefortheroad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You will absolutely have a blast with that suv,I am a few years older and I have been driving Lincoln most of my life ,nice cars but bronco you will enjoy.Have fun. (Jim)

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? BCFFAC48-411C-4CD1-83C1-311C4A2CEB1E

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? F97476FE-3EB2-406F-9654-3E16CDA62E7D
Thank you for the welcome! Love your awesome LE. I am so ready to enjoy the experience. I will post a photo when I get mine. Thinking I should officially Christen it at the beach by testing the bottle opener. ; )

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Greetings all,

The first thing is this is a GREAT form!! A lot of good information and thoughts on how we can become an owner and ideas on dressing up our BS’s!!

I was going to get the Bronco BL and even had a spot. In the end, after doing the B&P on both the Bronco and the Sport, it was a 20K difference. The realization that at 53, I would not use a Bronco like it is designed, >20K cost difference, 90mile drive to work, and “real’ use, I went with the following BS;

BS Badlands - BL

Cactus Gray

Loaded, the only thing I did not upgrade was the wheels and tires. I’m going to get the 52 rims or something like them.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? cig-cozy-gallery-32154GW-MAD-Bronco-Sport-Badlands_05-hd

I have also asked for the following accessories:

Fender Flares by AirDesign - 4-Piece Set, Matte Black VM1PZ-16268-C

HOOD PROTECTOR - AEROSKIN II, TEXTURED VM1PZ-16C900-B

"SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS – LOW PROFILE These low-profile deflectors" VM1PZ-18246-A

LARGE ROOF PLATFORM RACKS VM2DZ- 7855100-B

EYE BOLTS VKB3Z-99000A64-A

"FORD PERFORMANCE HEAVY-DUTY

OFF-ROAD RECOVERY KIT" M-1820-FPORRHD

Floor Liner All-Weather Floor Mats MP1Z-7813300-BA

I have never been this extravagant with a purchase before, but 2020 was a year of three cancers and a lovely week of being blind. It gives one a different perspective! After all that, and push from my wife to get whatever I want, and me having zero interest in a corvet, it was a no-brainer!

We live in Maine so that the BS will see snow and mud and some off-roading.

Good luck all, and stay safe.

Keith

PS. IF anyone could give their Order to Vin - production – and projected delivery date, that would be great..

Using the info, average out and count the days!

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? cig-cozy-gallery-32154GW-MAD-Bronco-Sport-Badlands_05-hd
Nice bit of kit you chose.

RLTW! (Old Scroll guy here)

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Hi Everyone!

My name is Trisha and I just recently received my BL + BL Package Bronco Sport last week. I’ve never been a member of a forum before, so I’m a newbie to this! So far, I’m loving the car and the Area 51 color is even better in person. I highly recommend it to anyone who’s on the fence about it for their order! I’m excited to be apart of this community and here’s some photos of her!
Yeah I dunno why the Ford marketing has the A51 looking so drab in their photos. It's much bluer in person and much nicer looking! Congradulations!

Onefortheroad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Like you we have been in some life stuff over the last 5 years ,lost a beautiful daughter to breast cancer she was 34 ot onset and passed sometime after.,We are all here but for a little while .So do what pleases yourself today.So when I come to Florida to visit my son if I see a cactus gray bronco driving down the road,I will give a friendly wave .Have a blast. (Jim)

Onefortheroad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So very sorry you have been through that. But your wisdom shines through. When you are on your knees it takes so much courage to stand up and continue living your life with every bit of joy you can find. If you are in FL any time would be happy to say hello!

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
Motherhood (and marriage) is a form of insanity that can make you forget who you were in your previous life. So when I recently started shopping for a car I looked at safe, ubiquitous, ugly and average suvs that supposedly fit my demographic. My kid is in his final year of college, my husband is gone, and yet I still could not escape the idea of what I “should” buy. I didn’t even WANT anything I test drove. Ascent, Atlas, Acadia. They are all fine. Safe. Nice. But it made car shopping even more depressing for me. The baby-faced 21 year old VW product expert told me the Atlas was a top family vehicle. Eeeew! Sadly, he knew less about the car than I did. It was cringeworthy. Yes, I am blonde and hovering close to 50, but only a sense of compassion kept me from mopping the floor with him AND his manager. The 1950’s style sales tactics that were pressed on me were both irritating and amusing. I left thinking it would be less painful to sink another few thousand into my 2004 Cadillac just to delay more car shopping. There was only ONE car I had seen online that I even liked. It fit NONE of my top criteria. The Bronco Sport. I tried to ignore it! It was not big enough. No crash test results. A freaking sub-compact when I actually like driving a heavy, high seated vehicle. And it wasn’t a car built for me. It was too cool! Too much fun. Too sporty. Too creative. But I read every review, watched all the videos on youtube and finally sent a text to the dealer for a test drive. I was immediately offered a 96 hour test drive by the manager. Both the manager and the salesperson treated me as if I had a brain beneath my used to be younger blonde head. Within 15 minutes I drove off the lot with a Cactus Gray OB with OB package and an awning on the roof rack. I paired my phone, opened the sun roof, turned up the volume on my playlist and smiled for the next 20 miles. I hadn’t had so much fun driving since my Sporty Saab with a manual shift and bucket seats. For the first time since my mid twenties, I remembered who I was in that previous premarried life. Yeah. Used to be all the things this car reminded me of. I returned it today. I didn’t want to but it was sold already. I was told I could order one and expect it within 16 weeks or less. The salesperson mentioned that a custom order had come in but the person decided on a base model instead. He thought it was a BB with a BB package and sunroof but he would have to check to be sure. He thought it was area 51 color. As I was pulling into my driveway the text came with the window sticker. BB with BB package, sunroof and all. And my favorite color, Cactus Gray. I put down a deposit to hold it. Applying for financing tomorrow.

Congratulations!!! And great post!! I have found that the dealers are lacking at best regardless of your demographic, it's just sad. I had to go to five before I put one on order and I was a walk-in with the line of "here is what I'm looking for and if you don't have it I'm ready to order it and wait". It is clear they know little about the products they are selling.

Enjoy your BS!!

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Hi everyone...new to posting...reading for 4 months. I have had 9 full size Broncos in my life. Started with a 1978 Model with a 351 modified. Last one was a 1996. I currently own a very nice 1969 Bronco. Should be picking up an OB this week.

Vreezy

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey, everyone! Just picked up my BS BL in carbonized gray a couple weeks ago now. Super excited to be replacing my 2006 Mazda Tribute (a Ford Escape literal clone with different branding). I'm a little nervous since this is the first new car I've ever bought but I'm hella stoked that THIS is the replacement I've been waiting for in a world full of egg-shaped SUVs.

Bird

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hi all,
Yesterday we purchased our 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend in Cactus Gray, 18" wheels.

Our Story:
We were in a bit of a pickle because our 2015 (first year) Jeep Renegade Trailhawk was recently wrecked. Someone slammed into our parked, unoccupied Trailhawk at full speed and it was declared a total loss. The Trailhawk was our only vehicle--and the only car that I have ever felt a personal attachment to. :crying: We had to purchase a new car immediately. We commute 2+ hours every day to work in heavy Boston-metro traffic, but we also want to drive on the beach, and of course, drive in the snow in the winter.

I wanted a new Renegade Trailhawk, but my husband wanted a Wrangler, but the Wrangler was expensive and had a long lead time for custom orders. Hey, what about the Bronco Sport? It is a 4x4 and has that more boxy, rugged look that we want. So we went to look at the Bronco Sport in person at the local dealer, but to our dismay, there was little inventory and a 12 week lead time for custom orders! So we went to a second Ford dealership to see more inventory. And surprise, we lucked out because the dealer had a Bronco Sport Big Bend on the lot that was...close enough. So we immediately bought it.

BEACH DRIVING... I'm sure I will be taking pictures of the Bronco on the beach later. I wanted the Badlands because of the higher clearance and skid plates, but actually there were no Badlands on the lot to buy! Fingers crossed that the Big Bend will work fine on the beach. (We always deflate the tires for beach driving, and use auto-deflaters.) The one thing that we hadn't counted on was that the Big Bend didn't come with a full size spare. Arg. The dealer quoted us $1100 for the full size spare. Good grief. I note that the 225/60R18 tires on our Big Bend do not meet the ORV tire size requirements on the Cape Cod National Seashore. But then our old Renegade Trailhawk didn't meet those requirements either. Nothing gained, nothing lost in that respect.

Now, when can I get a big black stripe put on the hood? :question:

over the hill

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hello all from Maryland
I received my badlands from my wife and family for my bday the end of Feb. and look forward to loads of "horsing around" ....this is my daily work vehicle...man I have it rough !!! I look forward to good conversations and mods for my toy....will post pics soon...Mike
Sponsored