vethawk

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What's up everyone !! I bought the Cactus Gray Badlands and already have over 7,000 miles on this puppy. I'm a 52 year old Army soldier still on active duty and the tow option has been awesome for towing our jet skis. Also love the room for hauling my gear. I'm avging about 27.4 mpg pretty much keeping it in normal mode or Eco. I go sport mode when I'm making quick errand runs. I put on 4" ditch/spot lights by Rigid and I'm getting the Rough Country bull bar put on in 2 weeks. My only small complaint is I don't think the Bang&Olefsen sound system is that great..lol. Not a huge deal cause I don't listen to music that loud anymore but I had a F150 with the Sony 8 speaker system and that was awesome. I get alot of looks when driving as I don't see hardly any other Bronco's at the moment. The license plate means "damn few"..its a quote from the movie Act of Valor"...to those who go down range, to us, and to those like us....damn few ! Airborne everyone !!

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? Bronco 1.1
Sponsored

jakets

Outer Banks
First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
good morning to all...my daughter just purchased an outerbanks in fairfield county, ct....she absolutely loves it...she got the light gray with the blue seat trim.....i drove it yesterday for the first time and was amazed at the pep the three banger had around town...i haven't driven it on the interstate.

checking the owners manual the engine is designed to run on 87 octane and i assume, but don't know for sure, the dealer filled it with regular(87)....the manual does state that for maximum performance use 91 grade fuel...what's the consensus on the board regarding which grade fuel to use.....also, how revs does the engine turn at 60 mph?

looking forward to many informed posts...jack

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi, I’m essentialemployee and I’m a bronco(sport)holic. ?

I’m 31 yrs old. Owned an 08 Tahoe for 12 yrs, 200,000+ miles. Although I enjoyed it a lot I decided my next would be a smaller vehicle but there was no way it was not going to be a suv. The Tahoe’s time came in July 20’. Narrowed my choice down to a rav4 trd before I saw the bronco reveal a couple days later. Slept on it. Put in a reservation the next day.

Being carless was fine while teaching from home. Now we are back F2F and I’m fortunate to have a family member with an extra car to borrow until mine arrives.

I will continue to try to be welcoming/helpful/supportive as I possibly can (which isn’t saying much). I can come off as unwelcoming/unhelpful/sarcastic. With that said, take 0% of my comments personal and 50% of my comments seriously.
I’ve already appreciated reading your posts stay who you are.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Motherhood (and marriage) is a form of insanity that can make you forget who you were in your previous life. So when I recently started shopping for a car I looked at safe, ubiquitous, ugly and average suvs that supposedly fit my demographic. My kid is in his final year of college, my husband is gone, and yet I still could not escape the idea of what I “should” buy. I didn’t even WANT anything I test drove. Ascent, Atlas, Acadia. They are all fine. Safe. Nice. But it made car shopping even more depressing for me. The baby-faced 21 year old VW product expert told me the Atlas was a top family vehicle. Eeeew! Sadly, he knew less about the car than I did. It was cringeworthy. Yes, I am blonde and hovering close to 50, but only a sense of compassion kept me from mopping the floor with him AND his manager. The 1950’s style sales tactics that were pressed on me were both irritating and amusing. I left thinking it would be less painful to sink another few thousand into my 2004 Cadillac just to delay more car shopping. There was only ONE car I had seen online that I even liked. It fit NONE of my top criteria. The Bronco Sport. I tried to ignore it! It was not big enough. No crash test results. A freaking sub-compact when I actually like driving a heavy, high seated vehicle. And it wasn’t a car built for me. It was too cool! Too much fun. Too sporty. Too creative. But I read every review, watched all the videos on youtube and finally sent a text to the dealer for a test drive. I was immediately offered a 96 hour test drive by the manager. Both the manager and the salesperson treated me as if I had a brain beneath my used to be younger blonde head. Within 15 minutes I drove off the lot with a Cactus Gray OB with OB package and an awning on the roof rack. I paired my phone, opened the sun roof, turned up the volume on my playlist and smiled for the next 20 miles. I hadn’t had so much fun driving since my Sporty Saab with a manual shift and bucket seats. For the first time since my mid twenties, I remembered who I was in that previous premarried life. Yeah. Used to be all the things this car reminded me of. I returned it today. I didn’t want to but it was sold already. I was told I could order one and expect it within 16 weeks or less. The salesperson mentioned that a custom order had come in but the person decided on a base model instead. He thought it was a BB with a BB package and sunroof but he would have to check to be sure. He thought it was area 51 color. As I was pulling into my driveway the text came with the window sticker. BB with BB package, sunroof and all. And my favorite color, Cactus Gray. I put down a deposit to hold it. Applying for financing tomorrow.
Your post was so well written and it took us right there with you in the car. It really showed how great a new exciting car can be, and how cars can get all tied up into our identity and who we are. Great description of that feeling going down the road we are all sharing right now getting to drive these new Broncos. Sounds like BroncoBlonde is born :)

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey all. My first vehicle was a 79 bronco following the blizzard of 78 for all you midwesterners. To the day, April fool's 1992 it was stolen from a parking lot. Replaced it with a couple rangers along the way out of college. Currently drive a challenger, which has been a ton of fun, but once that bronco badge returned I knew where I was headed.
Availability of the Bronco pushed me toward the sport. I am not planning major off road adventures but do plan to travel and have some fun. The sport fits what I need and I can't wait (May 17 build scheduled so it's a ways away. I truly appreciate the information and even questions here. I feel like I absorb as much as possible about the sport through many of you.
I've been very lucky, I found a experienced dealer who's been extremely helpful. Balanced costco offers etc, the dealer I worked with was just straight with me at every turn. Can't wait. I already have some trips in mind and can't wait to get behind the wheel of MY sport.
Nice reading your story bud, appreciate all your input on some of my posts. 79 was a good year. I say that because I was born in 79!
Your reference to the blizzard made me think of this great song.

basmitty

Big Bend
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hello from Houston, Texas! I'm a new owner of the Bronco Sport Big Bend. Using it for everyday driving and plans to use it when we travel to the Hill Country. I'm so happy that I purchased it and will probably never drive any other SUV again!!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello from Houston, Texas! I'm a new owner of the Bronco Sport Big Bend. Using it for everyday driving and plans to use it when we travel to the Hill Country. I'm so happy that I purchased it and will probably never drive any other SUV again!!
100%
We are the envy of the road.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello! I'm Kristin. I bought my BB a few days ago after my 2016 C-Max was totaled by an ignorant driver (RIP, I truly loved that little thing lol)
Since purchasing my BB I've been obsessed with all the ways I can make it "mine" from decals, to modifications and attachments. I've never even considered off-roading until now. What have I gotten myself into? I joined this forum to learn from seasoned 4x4 owners (like I said, I had a C-Max) and see what fun things others are doing with their BS.
I LOVE driving it. It's been great!
Meet Betty Bronco
187459267_6249619538396943_5705141904760789687_n.jpg

189355262_6249619401730290_8044700281430453484_n.jpg
Pretty Betty Bronco

vethawk

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello everyone. Really great to be on here and read all the posts. I left social media about 6 years ago and this is as close as I’ve come back to it. I dig the positivity and the shared commonality we all have, as that is in short supply right now. 41 year old family man that was a skateboarding slacker in the glorious 90s, now turned cool dad (hopefully lol) corporate cubicle grunt. Engaged to a beautiful sweet lady, one son and one on the way.

I stumbled into the badlands and it definitely involved a bit of luck. I toyed with the idea after ford credit mailed me a letter saying I have all this credit. I was in a 2016 edge sport loaded with the twin turbo so I knew I’d be giving up a bit of speed (not much actually the 2.0 in sport mode is no slouch) but the versatility and absolute badass factor of the Badlands could not be passed up. Thats the bottom line you see it you drive it you want it. Nothing else on the road has the look of this thing period. Found one within a hundred miles went there 2 days later. Deal done. Like many of you the big bronco probably would have been too much for me, especially for the price tag. Sport has me covered.

I’m also a bit of a film fan, the name zerocool comes from a beloved 90s flick. Favorite film is The Graduate. (Fight club is a close second).

My woman nicknamed our area 51 the Badlander. It has been decreed.

0E675BF7-F5E0-463D-939F-BFBC55E0668A.jpeg
Love the name ...I named mine" Mrs McGrath" It's actually an Irish song about a soldier who goes off to war and gets his legs blown off and comes home ...Bruce Springsteen does a great live version of it in Ireland !

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Love the name ...I named mine" Mrs McGrath" It's actually an Irish song about a soldier who goes off to war and gets his legs blown off and comes home ...Bruce Springsteen does a great live version of it in Ireland !
That is Boss.
couldn’t help it!

ThomasMonaghan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How is everyone doing? I traded my 17 F-150 in for a Badlands in black with the tan leather.

I am very impressed so far and have about 600 miles driven

Pros
====
Upgraded suspension 1 inch higher lift is nice, takes bumpy roads well and has a very soft drive...to the point where I almost want to drive into sewer grate dents

it’s beautiful, I like the functionality and layout and everyone seems to take notice

2.0 should be standard and the dual clutch tourque vectoring rear differential in sport mode is awesome

I had a Camaro with 20 inch rims and this badlands takes turns comparatively, it must be the just A/T tires with the suspension being able to absorb more of the turn I don’t know

Woman and men seem to like it. I’ve been approached a couple times about it, it’s definitely rare and cool

Cons
====
Nothing worth mentioning

Take care all!!!

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hi Everyone. Have been lurking and decided I should join in the fun. Bought an iconic silver BS BB 2 months ago off the lot (couldn't pass up the deal) after driving a CX5 for the past 8 years. I thought about the BL, but couldn't justify the cost for the extra off road capability I'd probably never use since I mostly just commute and some light camping every now and then.

So far so good. Took the new toy on some dirt roads down in AZ to christen in and already scratched the plastic under the front bumper. Just cam back from a week long camping trip in the high sierras.

As for mods, not much so far. Side molding, all weather mats, and a hood decal from vortex I still need to install. I did get the Thule crossbars, but am considering the Yucca Manufacturing rack instead.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Looking forward to maybe seeing some folks at the Vegas Roadeo if/when that happens.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Today's the day. I picked up my OB I ordered in March. Last miles on my mariner were 202,000.4
I picked up with 12 miles. I remembered 4 miles after driving, to take a picture of the cluster.

Yes, the oil slick in the driveway is from the 3.0L Mariner.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 20210622_202622

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 20210623_092820

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 20210623_120914

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 20210623_115816
Sponsored

Last edited: