schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Anybody in the rust belt have ideas or recommendations for rust protection? I finally crawled under my Base tonight and noticed that there is a great deal of relatively soft cladding underneath. I was planning on taking it to a shop tomorrow to have it WoolWax treated (at 220 miles it hasn't been in dirt or rain or snow yet so I'd like to act quickly.)

I generally wash my cars once monthly in the drier cleaner months and each time the overnight low gets above freezing in the winter, but being a new car I was hoping to go a bit further.
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Anybody in the rust belt have ideas or recommendations for rust protection? I finally crawled under my Base tonight and noticed that there is a great deal of relatively soft cladding underneath. I was planning on taking it to a shop tomorrow to have it WoolWax treated (at 220 miles it hasn't been in dirt or rain or snow yet so I'd like to act quickly.)

I generally wash my cars once monthly in the drier cleaner months and each time the overnight low gets above freezing in the winter, but being a new car I was hoping to go a bit further.
Some dealers offer it, or you can usually have it applied at places that do spray on truck bed liners.
That being said, I worked in the automotive biz for many years in the Northeast. I saw many, many cars with just the standard factory rustproofing that held up just fine after many years. The biggest problems were nuts, bolts, metal fasteners, and body panels (which undercoating won’t protect anyway). Occasionally you’d see a car with a rotted subframe or suspension but that was not very common.

OP
OP
schizorage

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I ended up having Woolwax applied. The process was simple enough that I'm just going to do it myself going forward, and I don't have to worry as much about rock chips removing the coating.