Rough Country Nudge Bar on a BS Badlands??

DancingYeti

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Does anyone know if this is possible? Rough Country website says it "does NOT work with vehicles equipped with factory tow hooks", which the Badlands comes standard with. I was really bummed when I found this out bc I was planning on installing one. Doesn't seem like there are too many alternatives for nudge bars/ brush guards on the market yet either.
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
check out the fordrangerlifts nudge bar. best looking one imo.

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Although I agree with AndyMac, I believe that both require the removal of the tow hooks. As for the fordrangerlifts bar, itā€™s on a production hold until May or June.

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is an image:

OP
OP
DancingYeti

DancingYeti

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Although I agree with AndyMac, I believe that both require the removal of the tow hooks. As for the fordrangerlifts bar, itā€™s on a production hold until May or June.
So it is possible, you just have to take out the tow hooks? Is that something someone with minimal experience working on cars could do?

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it is possible, you just have to take out the tow hooks? Is that something someone with minimal experience working on cars could do?
Others should comment here, as I have not yet tried it. I think the rough country nudge bar may be a little more complicated to install, but I really donā€™t know.

Bobbogney

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if this is possible? Rough Country website says it "does NOT work with vehicles equipped with factory tow hooks", which the Badlands comes standard with. I was really bummed when I found this out bc I was planning on installing one. Doesn't seem like there are too many alternatives for nudge bars/ brush guards on the market yet either.
We have a 2021 BS Badlands, and yes it did work however you will have to remove them and trim the brackets to get the bumper mounted back correctly

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We have a 2021 BS Badlands, and yes it did work however you will have to remove them and trim the brackets to get the bumper mounted back correctly
Without the tow hooks what do you use for recovery?

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Without the tow hooks what do you use for recovery?
one of the main reasons I have thus far decided against a nudge bar despite wanting one. No way I am giving up a front recovery option.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Re FordRangerlift nudge bars .
In the photos on website they appears to remove the tow hooks. But looking at my tow hooks they mount with a long bar to the ā€˜frameā€™ . I would want bars with similar mounting or the tow hooks in place
I have asked how the Forrangerlift brand attach but here is a photo of their unit that does not look like it extends back.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The FordRangerLifts unit has the option to add recovery points to the push/light bar. Take a look at the pictures on the website and you will see them on some of the parts in progress. For me, that makes it the only viable option at this time. Also, no cutting of the bumper.

Edit (add picture):
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Nudge Bar on a BS Badlands?? 1650824937489

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Losing the recovery points sucks. If youā€™re going for looks then the Bull bars are it. But they cause more damage during an impact than without one. Iā€™d run the FRL one though since it looks beefy and isnā€™t made out of tin and has spots for d rings

Jersey-Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just spoke with FRL and the bar will be going on pre-sale May 27th - right now the website says discontinued until summer 2022
Sponsored