Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I put the HRG lift on a week ago. Great service, good quality. Love the way it looks and rides. No noises at all, drives just has before only you can tell your sitting higher.
Sponsored

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
I just want to make sure you’ve had 100% no issues with the HRG one? I know they offer lifetime gurantee no strut rattle. But just want to make sure. I have always been a huge car guy from the outside and looking at them and how the look but have never been able to learn about the mechanical side of things so I want to make sure I get it right the 2nd time. Thanks again!
I have not had any problems or issues, the ride is almost like factory. Have gone off roading and am very happy with the ride, and happy I don’t have the clanking I had with the readylift. I had to learn the hard way also, I did no research before, and had readylift installed by 4wp and ended up eating all costs because they claimed it was the tires making the clanking. So ordered the hrg and installed it myself. It was pretty easy,and I know it’s done right.

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have not had any problems or issues, the ride is almost like factory. Have gone off roading and am very happy with the ride, and happy I don’t have the clanking I had with the readylift. I had to learn the hard way also, I did no research before, and had readylift installed by 4wp and ended up eating all costs because they claimed it was the tires making the clanking. So ordered the hrg and installed it myself. It was pretty easy,and I know it’s done right.
Thanks so much, maybe I’ll update y’all in a week or so. You’ve all been a great help. Glad we are all in the business of loving our bronco sports

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I put the HRG lift on a week ago. Great service, good quality. Love the way it looks and rides. No noises at all, drives just has before only you can tell your sitting higher.
That’s what I will be doing shortly! Thanks!

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The hrg, and some others have the recess for the strut hat which makes it flush with the top of the strut assembly so it doesn’t move. The RC and the other China ones sit on top and decrease the surface area. Basically your only connection with the China ones is where the hat crown meets the spacer. I’m surprised no one with the RC ones has snapped the bolts on the top assembly mount. Or have destroyed their front arm. I wouldn’t even drive on the road with the China ones, let alone wheel it. HRG,RTR,FRL are the ones you should be using. HRG wheels his stuff. Ford Ranger lifts builds and runs desert trucks and knows his stuff. Is also his BS that is in the pics that he’s using. RC and the others send info to China and then is made with shite steel with iffy specs. People will spend 35-40k on a vehicle and then gripe about an extra 100+ bucks for a lift. Buy once cry once. Do it right the first time people. Support these dudes and get what you paid for. I’ve built off-road vehicles myself, so know what good components are and companies that know their shit. Hope this helps

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same. I've had my rough country installed for about 12,000s miles and the clunking noise started happening. I contacted rough country and they sent out a pair of sway bar end links to replace mine. They got hollowed out from all the impact and jarring the lift was making on the ends links.

I went up off-roading and on my way home I started hearing that sound again. The driver-side end link on the sway bar became loose again. 17" extension tightens the bolt but after another 100 miles, I started hearing another clunking sound. I checked both sway bar end links and they're tight.

A few 4x4 shops say rough country is reputable. After this incident, I refuse to purchase any other there products moving forward. I can't believe they were able to put this flawed product on brand-new cars. They need to discontinue the lift kit.

Moving forward with the Ford Ranger lift kit 2.0. I haven't found any discrepancies or issues with this kit. And hell it's .5 more clearance so in return I don't feel like I lost much. Just time and a little 🤑. https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/xn-2021-bronco-sport-2-level-lift-w28r

Rough Country now has a lifted struts spring lift for $600. After all this troubleshooting not chance in hell haha. https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-sport-lift-kit-40131.html

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CharlesBianco.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2015 Z51 Corvette
I did get new rims. Ordered for custom offsets on line 768.00 delivered. They are 18 by 8 wide with + 32 offset( not much difference from factory +37)

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. image

Those are some HEAVY tires you have on there. How many MPG have you lost using them?

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I assume you're using the Rough Country kit that uses longer lift struts, longer lift rear coil springs and longer shocks part# 40131 - New RC 1.5" Lift - NOT THEIR ORIGINAL SPACER LIFT

If so, I'd love to hear an update on how its preforming. Thanks.
Looks better, the performance overall is very good like the stocks ones but feels even better on bumps, I do not use yet on 4x4 beside a gravel road here in NC "old 105" did it very good.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well here I am, we installed the lift kit and added on 245/65/R18 Falken Wild Peak AT tires with the Rough Country Nudge Bar and the Bronco Sport looks Bad***! However, it’s only been about 35-36ish hours and the lift is already having horrible rattling. We have driven it maybe 30 miles in town and not out on any trails of any kind yet! I popped under the Bronco and the sway bars all look connected and don’t look broke. I’m wondering if bolts are loose or if I can bring it in for a tightening? I’m extremely disappointed this is happening and I only saw the bad reviews here and there AFTER I had the lift kit purchased. Should I take off the lift and get the HRG engineering one put on? I feel bad for my shop as I will probably have to call them and tell them about the situation right after they installed it.
Did you purchase the RC spacer lift or the latest RC strut lift? or the complete strut lift with rear springs and shocks?
As others have said, people have had issues with some of the spacer lift kits, if the strut bushing and spacer interface doesn't provide the proper clearance for the strut bushings, the struts will rattle.

Also the tire size you chose is an inch taller in diameter than the typical reccomened max diameter without needed trimming.
Sponsored