Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey everyone, my wife and I have had a BB Bronco Sport since they released and I recently bought the 1.5” Rough Country Lift kit and have an appointment at our local customs shop to install it next Monday, I’m just curious as to whether or not I made the right decision with the lift kit brand or if I should’ve got any other lift kit as I know RC had pretty major issues when it first released. It’s my wife’s daily driver but I still wanted to add some pop and flare to it as we are 1 of about 5-6 Broncos in our town and want to stand out even further. With that being said, what tires are the best or “go to”? I currently am pretty set on the Falken Wildpeak AT All Terrain Tires on 245/65 18 105H’s as our Big Bend came with 18” tires instead of 17” like most do. Thanks!
Sponsored

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Hey everyone, my wife and I have had a BB Bronco Sport since they released and I recently bought the 1.5” Rough Country Lift kit and have an appointment at our local customs shop to install it next Monday, I’m just curious as to whether or not I made the right decision with the lift kit brand or if I should’ve got any other lift kit as I know RC had pretty major issues when it first released. It’s my wife’s daily driver but I still wanted to add some pop and flare to it as we are 1 of about 5-6 Broncos in our town and want to stand out even further. With that being said, what tires are the best or “go to”? I currently am pretty set on the Falken Wildpeak AT All Terrain Tires on 245/65 18 105H’s as our Big Bend came with 18” tires instead of 17” like most do. Thanks!
I have 255/55/18 ko2 and they are awesome, I have the hrg lift and have no problems with it. I had a ready lift on there before and it was complete junk. It had really bad strut rattle. The hrg has a factory ride and No strut rattle or clunking plus it comes with new sway bar links, instead of brackets to drop them(weak point)

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have 255/55/18 ko2 and they are awesome, I have the hrg lift and have no problems with it. I had a ready lift on there before and it was complete junk. It had really bad strut rattle. The hrg has a factory ride and No strut rattle or clunking plus it comes with new sway bar links, instead of brackets to drop them(weak point)
Thanks!! Another question I have is did you keep the wheels / rims from the factory or get new ones with the tires? I just want to make sure the tires I get fit in our rims we already have. New to the customizing of SUV’s field and want to make sure I’m not paying for stuff I can’t use. Thanks again!

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Thanks!! Another question I have is did you keep the wheels / rims from the factory or get new ones with the tires? I just want to make sure the tires I get fit in our rims we already have. New to the customizing of SUV’s field and want to make sure I’m not paying for stuff I can’t use. Thanks again!
I did get new rims. Ordered for custom offsets on line 768.00 delivered. They are 18 by 8 wide with + 32 offset( not much difference from factory +37)

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. image

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Very nice setup, that’s the look we are going for as well, not a lot but enough to grab some eyes here and there. Thanks again!

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Well here I am, we installed the lift kit and added on 245/65/R18 Falken Wild Peak AT tires with the Rough Country Nudge Bar and the Bronco Sport looks Bad***! However, it’s only been about 35-36ish hours and the lift is already having horrible rattling. We have driven it maybe 30 miles in town and not out on any trails of any kind yet! I popped under the Bronco and the sway bars all look connected and don’t look broke. I’m wondering if bolts are loose or if I can bring it in for a tightening? I’m extremely disappointed this is happening and I only saw the bad reviews here and there AFTER I had the lift kit purchased. Should I take off the lift and get the HRG engineering one put on? I feel bad for my shop as I will probably have to call them and tell them about the situation right after they installed it.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've been working with Rough Country for 5 days now on their bull bar that doesn't fit my BS correctly. Good luck!

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I've been working with Rough Country for 5 days now on their bull bar that doesn't fit my BS correctly. Good luck!
I’m sorry to hear that! My Bull Bar looks really good on our BS. The lift kit is just an extreme disappointment. I understand RC isn’t the “premium” brand when it comes to lifts but you’d think it’d last longer than ~ 40 hours… it’s extremely disappointing.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I’m sorry to hear that! My Bull Bar looks really good on our BS. The lift kit is just an extreme disappointment. I understand RC isn’t the “premium” brand when it comes to lifts but you’d think it’d last longer than ~ 40 hours… it’s extremely disappointing.
He called just as I was posting. I have two choices, both of which MAY force it to fit. He said that they outsource the manufacturing. Their R&D guys looked at the pics that I sent and agreed that the brackets aren't formed correctly.

Don't want to hijack the thread....

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There are some threads here about the RC lift having issues. It is the way the spacer connects to the top of the front struts. Basically there needs to be a recess in the spacer for the area around the nut on the top of the strut to sit in. There was someone that created a plate to fit in there and create the recess but I don’t know if they are still doing it.

At this point, HRG seems to be the recommended option for lifts.

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There are some threads here about the RC lift having issues. It is the way the spacer connects to the top of the front struts. Basically there needs to be a recess in the spacer for the area around the nut on the top of the strut to sit in. There was someone that created a plate to fit in there and create the recess but I don’t know if they are still doing it.

I totally agree. I may order the HRG lift that has a lifetime gurantee and have them put it on and sell the RC or just throw it away as I don’t want anyone else to have the same experience. Super disappointing but it’s what needs to be done. Atleast then I Know HRG means business

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I totally agree. I may order the HRG lift that has a lifetime gurantee and have them put it on and sell the RC or just throw it away as I don’t want anyone else to have the same experience. Super disappointing but it’s what needs to be done. Atleast then I Know HRG means business
And yes I’ve seen some of the threads about the Rough Country lift, it sucks because I had already purchased the lift before I found this forum. Lesson learned though. Buy quality to enjoy quality. Rough Country will be a no for me and my BS.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend

Yes that is correct, I had the same problem with readylift. Here is a picture of how they should look the green ones have cut out( hrg) the black ones ready lift and has no cut out for strut hat.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. 416A1010-240B-4E97-A775-956414D74359

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. FA0C5B4A-936B-4714-B4B3-4F7EF58352CE

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. F3651849-C05F-4399-B77F-B2AB665553EB

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes that is correct, I had the same problem with readylift. Here is a picture of how they should look the green ones have cut out( hrg) the black ones ready lift and has no cut out for strut hat.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. 416A1010-240B-4E97-A775-956414D74359

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. FA0C5B4A-936B-4714-B4B3-4F7EF58352CE

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” Lift Kit and what tires to buy. F3651849-C05F-4399-B77F-B2AB665553EB
Thanks so much for that Adam! I wish I would’ve saw the HRG one before I bought the RC. I’m definitely ordering the HRG in the coming days and going to have RC replaced.

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks so much for that Adam! I wish I would’ve saw the HRG one before I bought the RC. I’m definitely ordering the HRG in the coming days and going to have RC replaced.
I just want to make sure you’ve had 100% no issues with the HRG one? I know they offer lifetime gurantee no strut rattle. But just want to make sure. I have always been a huge car guy from the outside and looking at them and how the look but have never been able to learn about the mechanical side of things so I want to make sure I get it right the 2nd time. Thanks again!
Sponsored