Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
I have a BL+BL on order and have read a 100lb dynamic roof weight limit. In people opinion what would your real world weight limit be. (The Jeep Wrangler hard top has a 150lb dynamic weight limit and I seen way more that 150lbs loaded on a jeep roof)
Sponsored

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I have a BL+BL on order and have read a 100lb dynamic roof weight limit. In people opinion what would your real world weight limit be. (The Jeep Wrangler hard top has a 150lb dynamic weight limit and I seen way more that 150lbs loaded on a jeep roof)
I wouldn't let it keep me from putting a 110lb tent up there.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I’d agree with that. just Remember to factor in the additional weight of platforms if u use that also

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I do not have a moonroof. Not sure if OP does either on the BL order.
OP said BL+BL (Badlands trim with Badlands package) so they do have the moonroof. I wouldn’t risk it with the moonroof with 100.1 lb. If it cracks and they had a load higher than recommended, the warranty will be voided faster than you can blink.

OP
OP

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Wondering???
If the roof w/sunroof has a 100lb dynamic limit and rails have 150lb limit, Is Ford saying 100lbs directly on the roof with out using rails???

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
I'm sure the dynamic weight on the roof has to do with crash testing also. A crash would put the most stress on the roof system. Solution is simple, never get in a crash when you have the rails overloaded.

OP
OP

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Here is a BL+BL aka w/ moonroof (100lb dynamic weight limit) Not only does this have the tent, but also crossbars and awning.

I highly doubt they uninstalled those accessories and transported them then re outfitted for the photo in the field. That’s a dynamic weight over 100lbs. So either they didn’t get the memo or knew it was safe and wouldn’t harm the vehicle

Ford Bronco Sport Roof weight limit real world BB504DB7-75D3-4CBC-9B02-CE6CFFDDAEB5
Ford Bronco Sport Roof weight limit real world E098981D-8FC3-4D1F-925C-285AFAD7CC0C
That is what I have been noticing in Ford's promo photos. over the weight limit!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
That is what I have been noticing in Ford's promo photos. over the weight limit!
BTW, the Big Bronco has a roof weight limit of just 110 pounds, significantly less than the Bronco Sport without moonroof. Of course, the Big Bronco does not have a hard roof, just roll bars... I guess it is mostly "moonroof" :)

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
On the move, the Bronco Sport roof-rack structure can handle up to a 150-lb. dynamic load with the standard steel roof

Is there a custom roof that can increase the load?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Damn. I guess my hopes of seeing a James Bond movie opening with 007 clinging to the roof of a BL + BL are shot to hell :cwl: