Roof Vinyl wrap - Dark roof showing lots of fading already .

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
So I bought a 21 bronco sport in March. From a popular internet car seller. A few months later and especially now I noticed the roof is losing color . I wash and wax it and noticed the wax is very hard to rub in and take off. Anyway. A friend came over for the holiday and said ford or the dealer vinyl wrap them when they sit for a long time and I should complain to the seller . So the roof looks terrible. Dark roof showing lots of fading already . And the seems you can see wrinkles from the wrap . Pretty disappointed . Anyone else have seen this. ? Results?
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Post some pics. I’ve only had mine for 8 months but I’m in Florida and it’s always outside. No signs of wear or fading. I haven’t seen anyone else say anything about it before. Could be from the wax and maybe it just needs stripped off. I don’t see the top fading that fast.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A friend came over for the holiday and said ford or the dealer vinyl wrap them when they sit for a long time and I should complain to the seller .
The wrap used for transport or storage is not the same as that used for cosmetic upgrade. What color is your roof? The factory offers two colors: Black and carbonized grey.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The wrap used for transport or storage is not the same as that used for cosmetic upgrade. What color is your roof? The factory offers two colors: Black and carbonized grey.
Black roof is standard on some trims, grey optional; body color roof is standard on other trims. And now of course there's white on Heritage trims. This sounds like the OP has a wrapped roof and that the wrap is failing...? A black wrap was popular for some who didn't get black (i.e. Base, Big Bend standard body-color roof).

OP
OP

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

[/QUOTSory been away for awhile. The roof is black . Monday I'm callings the company that sold it to me

The roof is black . I'm going to call the internet company soon that sold me the car . You can see the wrap in the edges especially and the roof is fading to a Tanish clear color . Especially in the back . I would of never know had a mechanic not told me after I asked. I knew something was weird when I waxed it and the wax was weird ti apply and remove
What will the company do ? I'm ready to take them court if needed and have a full warranty thought I don't know ifnit covers paint on a roof . It looks awful

OP
OP

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry was away for awhile. The roof is black but starting to look grey with fading in rear of the roof . I don't know if the internet company that sold will help me. Hopefully and you can see the roof wrap crinkling

OP
OP

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sorry was away for awhile. The roof is black but starting to look grey with fading in rear of the roof . I don't know if the internet company that sold will help me. Hopefully and you can see the roof wrap crinkling
Looks freaking awful

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can't you just take the vinyl out? Base model and Big Bend roofs are the same color as the body.

I thought about wrapping mine, but quickly changed my mind after seeing a few cars with a complete destroy black vinyl roof. Probably after a hot summer.

I don't see why a dealer would sell a car with the roof wrapped without request. Hope they're not hiding some paint damages.

OP
OP

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't you just take the vinyl out? Base model and Big Bend roofs are the same color as the body.

I thought about wrapping mine, but quickly changed my mind after seeing a few cars with a complete destroy black vinyl roof. Probably after a hot summer.

I don't see why a dealer would sell a car with the roof wrapped without request. Hope they're not hiding some paint damages.

It looks awful calling the dealer and seeing what cam be done . I would not k own how to get the wrap off as I can hardly see it unless on the edges

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If someone put a cheap wrap on your car or the shop that did it was incompetent, they can very likely last less than three years. I’d recommend removing it and rewrapping, if the latter is your preference.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I will start by saying that I don't really know a lot about automotive paint. That said I have owned many different cars since the 70's. Japanese cars all have thin paint. as little as possible to get the job done...they fade early. Dodge also has pretty rough finishes leaving the factories. In my experience, Ford and GM have the best paint. My 95 Black Ford Ranger was 15 years old and neglected by my son. I took it back and just used some common polishes and carnuba on it and it glowed! It was always parked outside in the hot TN Sun.

If your roof is showing fading paint after 1-2 years on a Ford product.......I would suggest it has been damaged and repainted. Probably the cheapest way possible. I would take it to a reliable body shop and have that checked out.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I will start by saying that I don't really know a lot about automotive paint. That said I have owned many different cars since the 70's. Japanese cars all have thin paint. as little as possible to get the job done...they fade early. Dodge also has pretty rough finishes leaving the factories. In my experience, Ford and GM have the best paint. My 95 Black Ford Ranger was 15 years old and neglected by my son. I took it back and just used some common polishes and carnuba on it and it glowed! It was always parked outside in the hot TN Sun.

If your roof is showing fading paint after 1-2 years on a Ford product.......I would suggest it has been damaged and repainted. Probably the cheapest way possible. I would take it to a reliable body shop and have that checked out.
It’s a vinyl wrap, not the paint from Ford.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It’s a vinyl wrap, not the paint from Ford.
My Bad.....reading is fundamental.....

Why are we wrapping a roof? if the paint is good....I would still have it checked out.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My Area 51 BS BL roof is Gray, I prefer black. May have it wrapped. Local company has 5 year warranty. Sounds like someone did a crappy job on yours. Seller should have disclosed that it was wrapped.
Sponsored